This is a Blog Hop that I’m super excited about!!! Kelly, of My Quilt Infatuation, has a wonderful book out and it is absolutely wonderful!!! My official day is Oct. 11. But, I am too excited to wait that long (well, I’ll wait for that day for my assigned mini quilt!
Yesterday, Sandra @ mmm…quilts! posted her Up, Up and Away Quilt! Isn’t it great???
So, I’m going to show you my Up, Up and Away quilt. Kelly has instructions in her book on how to make the mini quilts larger. So, I followed her instructions to make this into a baby quilt. However, I must confess, I had to fudge a bit because I didn’t have quite enough background fabric.
The fabrics are all from Island Batik. But for some reason, the scraps didn’t decrease at all!! (Ya, I know, scraps multiply when you have your back turned! )
I quilted wavy up and down lines on the balloon and wavy organic lines on the background (sky).
This is one of the quilts I’ll be teaching at Essem Textiles in Cloverdale in October! Make sure you sign up and join in the fun!
Here is the full Schedule for the Blog Hop:
- Scrappy Improv Quilting Blog Tour Schedule-8/31- Intro, Single Block Beauties, and Simple Shapes
- 9/7- Seasonal Sensations, Standards With a Twist My Quilt Infatuation
- 9/13- Summer Blossom– Lori @ Crossquilt
- Up, Up, and Away– Sandra @ mmm…quilts!
- 9/15- Flutter– Rose @ Something Rosemade
- Botanics– Diann @ Little Penguin Quilts
- 9/20- Face the Sun– Laura @ Slice of Pi Quilts
- Full Spectrum– Jayne @ Twiggy and Opal
- 9/22- Prismatic– Anja @ Anja Quilts
- Downpour– Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting
- 9/27- Funkytown– Vasudha @ Storied Quilts
- Cherub Wings– Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty
- 9/29- Chapel Window– Kris @ Sew Sunshine
- Winter Frost– Leanne @ Devoted Quilter
- 10/4- Heartstruck– Rebecca Grace @ Rebecca Grace Quilting
- Star Spangled– Christine @ Triangles & Squares
- 10/6- Birds of a Feather– Preeti @ Sew Preeti Quilts
- Fall Foliage– Susan @ Quilt Fabrication
- 10/11- Ornamental– Gail @ Quilting Gail
- Churn, Churn, Churn– Cynthia @ Quilting Is More Fun Than Housework
- 10/13- Sunset Crossing– Kate @ Katie Mae Quilts
- Positivity– Sarah @ Sarah Goer Quilts
- 10/18- All Dressed Up– Linda @ Flourishing Palms
- Shockwave– Anne-Marie @ Stories From the Sewing Room