Oh yes, the retreat was a LOT of fun! It was great to get together with like-minded people and sew, sew, sew. And eat and laugh and play games!
I managed to finish one quilt – but I can’t show you until Nov. 1. Yes, it is for an Island Batik Blog Hop, featuring all the new fabrics that will be in stores SOON!
But here’s a sneak peak:
And here’s a bunch of pictures of some of the creativity that happened!
As you can see, there were a few card trick quilts happening … So fun to see the how different colours make the quilts look so different! That never ceases to amaze me!
This one got a laugh out of me! It’s called a “Toilet Topper.” You guessed it – it’s for the top of a toilet back!
I’m not sure how I missed getting a picture of all the birds that Laura had made. There was a wall of Sue Spargo birds … absolutely lovely!!! Laura said she didn’t know what she was going to do with them … someone jokingly said she could give them to us! And she did!!! I plan to frame mine and put them up in my sewing room. They are not something I would ever do, but I LOVE admiring the work that goes into them! I’m sure that each one takes a zillion hours with all the details! Thank you very much, Laura!
And, when it wasn’t raining, there were walks through the woods. Judy managed to get these awesome pictures of the fungi …
I was Featured
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Midweek Makers @ QuiltFabrication
- Wednesday Wait Loss @ Inquiring Quilter
- Happy Needle and Thread @ My Quilt Infatuation
- Muv / Free Motion Mavericks @ Lizzie Lenard Vintage Sewing
- Put your Foot Down @ For the Love of Geese
- Can I get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
- Finished or Not Friday @ Alycia Quilts
- Sherry @ Powered by Quilting
- Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty
- Off the Wall Friday @ Creations – Quilts, Art, Whatever
- Peacock Party @ Wendy’s Quilts and More
- TGIFF @ Songbird Designs