I made a quilt for the current Island Batik Blog Hop and I used Studio 180 rulers along with the “Flourish” fabric collection.. You can read about this quilt HERE.
It was a LOT of fun to use the Studio 180 Corner Pop ruler to make this quilt! However there were a LOT of little triangles that were cut off the corners. They were all exactly the same size!
I HAD to do something with them! With no concrete plan in place, I used them as leaders and enders while I finished a few blocks, webbed the quilt and put on the borders.
They became these little 3 3/4″ blocks, with 4 of them shown on my wonderful Prairie Spirit Alpacas Alpaca/Wool mat.
I set them on point with 3 3/4″ squares of Dots-Brown Brownie and used the same fabric for the setting triangles and the borders.
And they became 2 little table toppers that will be used on bedside tables.
Table Topper Stats:
- Size: 12″ x 17″
- Batting: Hobbs Batting Thermore
- Needles: Schmetz Needles: Microtex Chrome: 70/10
- Thread: Piecing & Quilting: Aurifil Thread #2000 (Light Stand), Binding Aurifil Thread #2372 (Dark Antique Gold)
- Fabric: Island Batik, all from the Flourish collection. The light orange is Vertical Vine – Orange, the darker orange is Dots-Brown Brownie and the pinwheels are various fabrics from the collection. The binding is a combination of Vertical Vine-Multi Brown and Floral Leaves – Multi Brown.
Disclosure: The fabrics, batting, thread, pressing mat and needles were generously supplied by the following companies: Thank you, Island Batik Aurifil Thread Hobbs Batting Prairie Spirit Alpacas & Schmetz Needles !!
It’s not to late!
Go to Island Batik’s blog to enter the Rafflecopter for your opportunity to win a fat quarter bundle of Honeycomb or Cheers! Click HERE. And, you can also see all of the quilts from this week’s hop!
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Midweek Makers @ QuiltFabrication
- Wednesday Wait Loss @ Inquiring Quilter
- TGIFF @ Slice of Pi
- Happy Needle and Thread @ My Quilt Infatuation
- Put your Foot Down @ For the Love of Geese @ True Blue Quilts
- Finished or Not Friday @ Alycia Quilts
- Sherry @ Powered by Quilting
- Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty
- Off the Wall Friday @ Creations – Quilts, Art, Whatever
- Peacock Party @ Wendy’s Quilts and More