We Went Camping!
We went over to Vancouver Island for a week of camping! Except for one rainy day, the weather was perfect!
We enjoyed French Beach, Port Renfrew, Stoltz Pool, the Malahat Skywalk, Rathtrevor’s Beach and a quick drive up to Courtenay to see our old home. I found that the Malahat Skywalk was absolutely stunning! Of course, I’m biased because my daughter’s structural engineering firm designed it. But, I think I still would have enjoyed it!
We only stopped at a few quilt stores. Unfortunately, I did not take any pictures of the stores. At Bib and Tucker in Victoria, I found some Island Batik neutrals (Almond and Egg white) and bought 2 yards of each, plus some Aurifil thread. Then at Sweet Pea in Parksville, I bought a pattern. Huckleberries in Courtenay had some spool bobbin thingies that I thought I’d try. I’ll let you know how they work out.
Favourite finish in September
I will be teaching several classes at Essem in November. You can register for them HERE.
November 2 & 9: Puzzle Quilt
This is a 2 day class. From the book, Fat Quarter Baby. This looks like a super easy quilt, but when you deviate from the absolute directions in the book, there is a bit of a challenge. However, it is a very doable quilt to make – with my handy hints! This was made with a Fat Quarter Bundle that Semina put together!
November 16: Travel Posts
From the book, Color Block Quilt Making. This quilt is fairly easy to make. And you might get the top done in a day! It’s a nice lap sized quilt!
I made the top with Grunge fabrics … Semina will make you a kit if you want!
November 23: Scrappy 4 Patch and Easy Angle.
This quilt has many different layouts and sizes … All use the same basic block and use the Easy Angle Ruler. The class will have you making half square triangles with ease and you’ll be well on your way to finishing the top!
You can use your scraps … or choose to make a 2 colour quilt (like the blue one).
November 30: Winter Branches Table Runner
This is an easy table runner to make and you should finish the top in class. It’ll be perfect for Christmas gifts! Semina can make you a kit, or you can use your own fabrics.
Kate, from Life in Pieces, is hosting “Stitching Stuff” and the goal is to sew for at least 15 minutes a day. I use Kate’s guideline, but my personal goal is to sew for 30 minutes a day. On those “blah” days, it does motivate me to sit at my machine and 30 minutes often turns into several hours. Thank you Kate for the motivation!
- January – September: 234 / 272
- Oct : 0 / 2
- Total: 234 / 274
- Percentage = 85%
Donna at Quilt Paint Create hosts a weekly linky party where you can display your stash numbers. This has really kept my stash from growing (somewhat!) Before I buy anything, I am always mindful of the fact that I need to report it on my blog … That sometimes stops me in my tracks!
- Fabric Used since the last report 0 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 77 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 4 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 18 yards
- Net Fabric used: 59 yards
Linda from Texas Quilt Gal is hosting “To Do” every week.
The To Do list from several weeks ago:
- Work on Secret Quilt (The deadline is soon … so it’s almost all I’m working on) √ top is DONE
- Winter Branches table runner … I’m making this as a leader & ender … will be teaching it at Essem in November √ top is DONE
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder! √ DONE
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes not DONE – I wasn’t home
This week’s list:
- Finish Secret Quilt
- Winter Branches table runner – if I finish Secret Quilt, I’ll work on this!
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
Donna, at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts, hosts a linky party for “What’s on your Design Wall” every week.
Need to Sandwich:
Winter Branches Table Runner
Secret Quilt …
Upcoming Blog Hops
Creatin’ in the Sticks: Music Blog hop
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- So Scrappy @ Scrap Happy
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
- 15 Minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- Sew and Tell @ Melva Loves Scraps
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- Monday This and That @ Days Filled With Joy
- To-Do Tuesday @ Texas Quilt Gal