Look at this beautiful Naturescape pre-cut that I received from Island Batik! Along with 2 yards of Glacier and 2 yards of Large Netting-Pineneedle. PLUS, 4 spools of Aurifil Thread:
- 50 wt: #4250: Variegated Flamingo
- 50 wt: #2890: Very Dark Grass Green
- 40 wt: # 2410: Pale Pink
- 40 wt: # 2770: Very light Delft
I’m dreaming of what wonderful quilt I can design with these beauties!!!
And, I also received this stack of fabrics “Positively Pink,” Breast Cancer Awareness with coordinating yardage for the Pinktober Blog Hop.
Island Batik Tool Time Blog Hop
Here is this week’s fabric collections and blogs:
Sandra Starley, Textile Time Travels
Jennifer Thomas, Curlicue Creations
Brenda Alburl, Songbird Designs
Jennifer Fulton, Inquiring Quilter
Visit Island Batik’s blog to see all of this week’s projects in one place!
You could win!!
This week, you have an opportunity to win a fat-quarter bundle of “Bee Kind” or “Baroque.” Both collections are absolutely beautiful!
Kate, from Life in Pieces, is hosting “Stitching Stuff” and the goal is to sew for at least 15 minutes a day. I use Kate’s guideline, but my personal goal is to sew for 30 minutes a day. On those “blah” days, it does motivate me to sit at my machine and 30 minutes often turns into several hours. Thank you Kate for the motivation!
- January – Aug: 209 / 242
- Sept: 4 / 4
- Total: 203 / 236
- Percentage = 86%
Donna at Quilt Paint Create hosts a weekly linky party where you can display your stash numbers. This has really kept my stash from growing (somewhat!) Before I buy anything, I am always mindful of the fact that I need to report it on my blog … That sometimes stops me in my tracks!
No finishes since my last update! No shopping.
- Fabric Used since the last report 0 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 75 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 14 yards
- Net Fabric used: 61 yards
Linda from Texas Quilt Gal is hosting “To Do” every week.
The To Do list from a few weeks ago:
- Quilt Island Batik’s September project √ DONE
- Finish dealing with scraps from Island Batik’s September project √ DONE
- Work on project for “Get on Board with Sewing” Blog Hop √ DONE
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder! √ DONE
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ DONE
This week’s list:
- Complete Island Batik’s September Blog Hop post
- Write “Get on Board with Sewing” Blog Hop post
- Start Pinktober’s project
- Work on “Queen of Gadgets” blog hop project
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
Donna, at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts, hosts a linky party for “What’s on your Design Wall” every week.
- Working with 10″ squares from Pinktober’s project
Nothing being quilted at the moment.
Upcoming Blog Hops
- Get on board with sewing is hosted by Melva Loves Scraps
- Queen of Gadgets is hosted by Just let me Quilt
- Pinktober is hosted by Brianna of Sew Cute and Quirky and Island Batik
- Island Batik’s Studio 180 Blog Hop: September 6 – 28