Sorry, I have not been posting much lately! I’ve had Covid and it’s been a slow recovery. However, I am recovering. I know at one point, I told a friend, “I feel like sewing today.” I sat at the machine, sewed 2 stitches and turned the machine off. I knew I was sick! But, for the last few days, I’ve been sewing for more than 1/2 hour a day – so that is good.
Overhauling the Craft Room
Before I got sick, I did work on my studio overhaul and took some pictures.
Here’s a Before and After pictures of the same spaces!
I now have a full ironing board to iron on. Yes, those dark brown spots in the upper right and lower left definitely indicate that I need to recover the board. But not for now! I’ll live with it for a little while longer!
And the area behind the machine where I quilt is now tidy. Hopefully, it will stay that way! It has so far!
Kate, from Life in Pieces, is hosting “Stitching Stuff” and the goal is to sew for at least 15 minutes a day. I use Kate’s guideline, but my personal goal is to sew for 30 minutes a day. On those “blah” days, it does motivate me to sit at my machine and 30 minutes often turns into several hours. Thank you Kate for the motivation!
I missed many days of sewing in the last few weeks … that’s OK. I’m just thankful that I only have one deadline at the moment!
- January – April: 117 / 120
- May 1 – 15: 5 / 15
- Total: 122 / 135
- Percentage = 90%
Donna at Quilt Paint Create hosts a weekly linky party where you can display your stash numbers. This has really kept my stash from growing (somewhat!) Before I buy anything, I am always mindful of the fact that I need to report it on my blog … That sometimes stops me in my tracks!
It was fun to free motion these quilts … all different and using different motifs!
Finishing these baby quilts used 7.5 yards of fabric.
- Fabric Used since the last report 7.5 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 39.75 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 6.25 yards
- Net Fabric used 23.5 yards
Linda from Texas Quilt Gal is hosting “To Do” every week.
The To Do list from several weeks ago:
- Quilt & Bind at least 2 more Baby Quilt Panels √ DONE
- Work on Foodie Blog Hop project not done
- Clear Cutting Table and Ironing Board for Craft Room Overhaul √ DONE
- Work on May Island Batik challenge. √ DONE
- Work on Pop Star Quilt √ DONE
- Work on Squirrel Attack Quilt. not done
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder! √ DONE
This week’s list:
- Finish May Island Batik challenge.
- Work on Pop Star Quilt
- Sandwich Squirrel Attack Quilt (see below).
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
Donna, at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts, host a linky party for “What’s on your Design Wall” every week.
1. Foodie Blog Hop: These fabrics are from my stash. You’ll just have to wait until May 24th to see what is happening with this fabric!
2. A Squirrel Attack: The flimsy is done – but I forgot to take a picture …
3. I have been working on Sandra Walker’s Pop Star Quilt … Yesterday, the instructions for adding the border were posted. You can access the steps at MMM Quilts HERE.
Need to sandwich the May Island Batik project and get them quilted! And also need to sandwich the Pop Star Quilt.
Again, I’m counting 2 baby quilt panels as 1 UFO that is finished. That means that I only have 4 more UFOs to finish this year! Sigh … I thought I had found ALL of the UFOs before, but alas … there are likely more hidden away! I was secretly hoping that this would be the last year for me to host PHD in 202? But, if I keep discovering more – I’ll be hosting PHD for many years to come!