Island Batik Unboxing Videos
Island Batik ambassadors have been posting their Unboxing Videos on their blogs and social media! It’s a great way to “meet” the ambassador’s and see all the awesome fabric and goodies they have received from Island Batik and the industry partners. My day to post is tomorrow … so stay tuned!
Has started!!! Be sure to come back and see all the wonders that are happening!!! If you need some incentive to join in the fun, we have a lot of wonderful sponsors!!! and you could win some fantastic quilting goodies! You can see the beginning posts linked below.
Please note that I will be posting this week’s SAHRR on Tuesday!
One Gift a Month Challenge
Have you heard of this challenge? I’m a sucker for challenges and blog hops … they all keep my creative juices flowing and they also keep me busy in my quilting studio. OK, I admit it, sometimes they keep me TOO busy!
However, as quilters, we sometimes need to have small gifts on hand … those secret gift exchanges … something little to show someone they are loved … you get the idea.
Days Filled with Joy is hosting this challenge. This month it’s a little basket that Pink Penguin has a tutorial for (See HERE). Since I just found out about this challenge last week, I’m not sure I’ll get this basket done before the end of the month … but it might be done in February! However, I have started it! The fabric is cut out and I started sewing the little blocks together. The fabric is Island Batik from the Deco Revival collection.
Are you going to join me in this challenge????
Kate, from Life in Pieces, is hosting “Stitching Stuff” and the goal is to sew for at least 15 minutes a day. I use Kate’s guideline, but my personal goal is to sew for 30 minutes a day. On those “blah” days, it does motivate me to sit at my machine and 30 minutes often turns into several hours. Thank you Kate for the motivation!
- January: 29 / 29
- Percentage: 100%
Donna at Quilt Paint Create hosts a weekly linky party where you can display your stash numbers. This has really kept my stash from growing (somewhat!) Before I buy anything, I am always mindful of the fact that I need to report it on my blog … That sometimes stops me in my tracks!
I did finish 3 table toppers … They used Island Batik fabrics, Hobbs 80/20 batting and Aurifil thread #2600 (Dove Grey) for the piecing, quilting and binding.
I can still brag … !
- Fabric Used this week: 3 yards
- Fabric Used in 2023: 4 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 0 yards
- Net Fabric used: 4 yards
Just an FYI: I do not count any fabric that is given to me (Island Batik), but this year, I am going to count it as fabric used.
To Do Tuesday
Carol from Quilt Schmilt is now hosting “To Do” every week.
The To Do list from a last week:
- Finish the sashing and borders Clue #7 Chilhowie √ DONE
- Classic Cars Colour Challenge BOM – Sept / Oct. in progress. (Just a note, I am working ahead on this so that the finished quilt is done in time for the final reveal. )
- More Nutcracker colouring. in progress
- Continue working on Island Batik February project in progress
- Sandwich Bird Panels not done
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ DONE
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder! not done I started the One Gift a Month challenge.
This week’s list:
- Sandwich Bird Panels
- Sandwich Chilhowie
- Work on February Sweet on You Blog Hop project
- Bind Island Batik’s February project
- Finish colouring Nutcracker
- Finish “One Gift a Month” project
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
Judy, at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts, hosts a linky party for “What’s on your Design Wall” every week.
- Classic Cars Colour Challenge BOM. (sorry no picture)
- February Sweet on You Blog Hop project
- One Gift a Month
Naturescape Lone Star is ready to quilt
Island Batik’s February project … Sorry, just a glimpse of the fabric … you’ll have to wait until February 13 to see the whole quilt.
Upcoming Blog Hops
Island Batik: February Blog Hop! (My day is February 13)
Moose Stash Quilting: Sew It – Show It: Sweet on You (my day is February 22)
Beaquilter: Dust off a Quilt Book (Mar 7)
Just Let Me Quilt: Little Green Apples (March)
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- So Scrappy @ Scrap Happy
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
- 15 Minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- Sew and Tell @ Melva Loves Scraps
- Monday Musings @ Songbird Designs
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- Monday This and That @ Days Filled With Joy
- To-Do Tuesday @ Quilt Schmilt