This is a UFO that was languishing for quite a while … the blocks are left overs from a jelly roll quilt and some creative piecing as there was not enough blocks to complete a whole quilt … It was fun to make! I did quilt it with wavy serpentine lines. Pretty boring! In hindsight – I should have just done an all-over free-motion and it would have been faster! And my machine did not like doing the serpentine lines. When I started, I had tension issues and I finally changed the needle. That helped. Then towards the end of the quilting, it started skipping stitches. Groan. So the machine has gone back to the machine doctor … they have a great warranty on their work. It was only the beginning of August when I got it back, so it should be a free repair.
To see what others in the quilty world are working on wander over to these blogs:
- Can I get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
- Amanda Jean @ Crazy Mom Quilts
- Finished or Not @ Busy Hands Quilts
- Let’s Bee Social @ Sew Fresh Quilts
- Happy Needle and Thread @ My Quilt Infatuation
- Scrap Happy Saturday @ so scrappy