Well, as much fun as it was being at my sister’s. I’m glad to be home. It was -20 C and snowing when I left Edmonton. +9 C and raining when I landed in Abbotsford! (Need I say more about that?)
My sister is working very hard on her physio. It takes her about 5 hours a day to run through all the exercises and leg elevation ice treatments. And she has hourly exercises as well. She’s a busy gal! I know that my sister will be well taken care of with me gone. She has a friend (who is a quilter), that is willing to drive my sister to appointments – so now that she’s well on the way to recovery – it’s about all she needs now.
And the Super Bowl is on today. I’m not a sports fan. There will be eating and yelling downstairs, but I’ll be happily listening to the hum of my sewing machine.
Striped Retreat Bag (Large)
This was finished before I left my sisters. I gifted it to her. She then said, “why do I need to learn to quilt if you are going to give me everything I need?” Ha! She’ll catch the bug and be addicted pretty soon.
The button is now on the Necessary Clutch. I realize that I should have put the magnet in before I sewed the flap together. Lesson learned. Anyhow, my husband and I tried threading thread through under the magnet. That did”t work. So, he got out some epoxy glue … it seems to have done the trick. It should hold since it can glue steel, glass, wood and a million other things together.
So far this year, I have completed 7 UFOs. That is way more than I expected by this time of year! Now, I do realize that I took a lot of small projects to my sister’s – so progress will slow down now as I work on bigger projects.
PHD in 2018 Participants’ Progress
As I compiled the following list, I was thrilled and excited and overwhelmed by the progress that each participant has made. You have all worked extremely hard! Well done ladies! Here’s Snoopy doing a Happy Dance in the snow!!
- Terry has 3 quilts done! Check it out @ Quilting a Legacy
- Roseanne @ Homesewn by Us has her update for January posted
- Elizabeth (Beth) has her list and goals updated on her blog Appliqué and ...
- Kate @ Life in Pieces has complete her OMG for January.
- Ann @ Laughing Gas Quilts has her list updated! She’s hoping that she doesn’t get in trouble for changing a table runner into a tote. To me it doesn’t matter – it’s off the UFO list – so therefore it’s DONE.
- Emily also has 3 projects done. You can check out her post @ The Darling Dogwood
- Deana’s finishes and goals are posted at Dreamworthy Quilts. She made Bonnie Hunter’s “Grand Illusion” and I LOVE how she finished it! (The checkerboard blocks were suppose to be the sashing … she used it for a top and bottom border! Great idea!)
I haven’t been diligent at adding up my fabric used. So, here’s a list to make sure I’ve got it correct.
- Scrappy Irish Chain – 7
- Flannel Fat Quarter – 9
- House Quilt – 2.5
- Small retreat Bag – 1.25
- Large retreat bag- 1.5
- Mice – 0.5
- Necessary Clutch – 1
Fabric Used this Week: 3 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 23.75 yards
Fabric Added this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 8.5 yards
Net Fabric used for 2017:
9 15.25 yards update: my math was out the window with “9” yards … sheesh …
To see what other’s in the quilting world are working on – click on the following links:
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- Peaceful Sunday @ Janda Bend Quilts (Click on the blue frog to see other links).
- Mali Sparkles @ Sunday Stash
10 thoughts on “PHD Update – Feb. 4, 2018”
Pingback: I almost forgot! | Quilting Gail
You got a lot done at your sisters. Congrats on all the PHD progress, even the small stuff starts to add up.
Thanks, Kate! The small stuff does add up … but now I’m on to slower stuff … Happy Quilting!
I am happy to hear that your sister is doing well.
Love the purse and the clutch!
Congratulations on all your finished projects.
Thanks, Chela! Happy Quilting!
Wish I had known you were in Edmonton. I live near Southgate Mall. Perhaps we could have met for tea or coffee at Tim’s.
Oh – that would have been perfect! My sister lives near 51st Ave & 122 St … close to Southgate as well! I guess I should have said something sooner! Next time – for sure!
LikeLiked by 1 person
The number of finishes is impressive. I bet it feel good to have all those off your list. It made a big impact on your usage too.
Yes, it did feel good. The projects were all half-done – at least – so that made them quick and easy to finish! Thank you Donna for having your link-up!
Pingback: Sunday Stash February 4, 2018 | quiltpaintcreate
Comments are closed.