How are you doing with your PHD in 2021?
Did you know that by setting goals, you are actually motivating yourself? That’s right! Way back in January, you decided to do your PHD in 2021. That meant finishing at least 12 of your UFOs and finishing every project that you start in 2021. (We don’t want that UFO list to increase, right?)
SEW … take a good look at your list(s) … what do you need to work on? What is your biggest challenge? How about in the next month, you spend at least 15 minutes a day working on your biggest challenge. You will be pleasantly surprised at how much you actually get done!
Something about me: before I retired, I often had to work several 12 hour plus shifts. I had to be at the hospital prior to my students arriving and I couldn’t leave until the last one had left. This meant that I was often there about 13 hours a day. Add in the 45 or more minutes to commute each way and it made for long days. And I had to get up the next day and do it all over again. It was hard to unwind … so I would sit at my sewing machine for 15 minutes. I actually set a timer so that I would quit and go to bed. It helped me unwind and I managed to get a lot of piecing or quilting done!
I know that you don’t all have an area that you can leave your machine up and your supplies scattered nearby – but it’s something to consider.
I have completed 12 UFOs this year. Here they are:
On the “Complete all the 2021 Starts” I’m doing pretty good! Of course I still have my Island Batik projects to finish, so there’s a few new starts there. Plus, I’m sure that a few squirrels will be tempting me!
Link up and show us your PHD in 2021 Progress.
My Favourite Quilt this month!
This was easy to choose!!! It has to be the Christmas wreath! You can read about it HERE.
Rainbow Scrap Table Topper
It didn’t happen this month!!! I’m actually surprised because blue is my favourite colour!
Well, August is another month! Hopefully, I’ll have a table topper done!
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Wednesday Wait Loss @ Inquiring Quilter
- Muv / Free Motion Mavericks @ Lizzie Lenard Vintage Sewing
- Put your Foot Down @ For the Love of Geese
- Can I get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
- Sherry @ Powered by Quilting
- Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty
- Off the Wall Friday @ Creations – Quilts, Art, Whatever
- Peacock Party @ Wendy’s Quilts and More
- TGIFF @ Chris Knits
- Cheryl @ Meadow Mist Designs
- Tish @ Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland
- So Scrappy @ Scrap Happy
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- 15 minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- To-Do Tuesday @ Chris Knits
- Colour Inspiration Tuesday @ Clever Chameleon Quilting