I’m off to a retreat again! I am so blessed to be able to attend retreats! They are a lot of fun! And I get lots done. Usually, as long as I sit and sew! Ummm …. ya right … hmmm : there’s the visiting, the eating, the games and all sorts of other distractions!
As usual, I’m taking way more than I can possibly get done! Here’s what I’ve packed and am dreaming of completing. All, except for one are UFOs.
- On Ringo Lake – quilt & bind it
- Charming bag – get it completed
- Retreat bag (new project, but like the one I left for my sister) starting from the beginning
- Fractured Paint Box – get blocks completed and top assembled.
Another finish!!! WooHoo!!!
This was a quilt that was languishing on top of my filing cabinet. I was not wanting to deal with it because I had to piece the back. (See HERE.) Well, it got quilted this week. I had to make an adjustment to one of the corner blocks … the flying geese are suppose to be pointing into the quilt, not at this angle. I realized it when I was quilting these 4 corner blocks. Thankfully, it was an easy fix as I hadn’t quilted the border yet. It was fun to do the quilting in the negative space.
This is a pattern by Carol Doak … it was a mystery quilt in 2012/13 … but I didn’t do it as a mystery. A friend had shown me how to paper piece without sewing on the paper and I figured this was a good quilt to try it out on. I started this quilt in 2014. I’m not a huge fan of purple, but I do like this quilt!
My husband helped me sandwich 5 quilts over the last couple of days. I spray baste and since I’m using Hobbs 80/20, I have some pins in each one. (I find that with the big quilts – the batting shifts way more than when I use warm and natural – but I like how the Hobbs drapes).
From Top to bottom they are:
- Guild Mystery Quilt – Queen
- Scrappy Bargello
- Labyrinth #2
- “Like Gina’s Comma” (don’t have a better title yet)
- On Ringo Lake
I’m thinking that if they are sandwiched and the labels made – they may get quilted. Ha! Ha! Ha!
PHD in 2018 Update
No shopping = no fabric added!!! And 2 finishes this week : the Charm Star and the Carol Doak purple quilt.
Fabric Used this Week: 15.5 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 39.25 yards
Fabric Added this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 8.5 yards
Net Fabric used for 2017: 30.7 yards
To see what other’s in the quilting world are working on – click on the following links:
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- Peaceful Sunday @ Janda Bend Quilts (Click on the blue frog to see other links).
- Mali Sparkles @ Sunday Stash
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- Moving it Forward Monday @ Em’s Scrapbag
- Main Crush Monday @ Cooking up Quilts