Today is Sewing Machine Day, I thought this was appropriate to share.
At first glance, I thought this was totally hilarious. Then I got to thinking … this is likely how my mother and my grandmother were brought up to think about sewing. Times, they have changed!
My personal opinions today:
- Housekeeping chores get done when I can’t stand the mess any more!
- I have only sewn in a dress – a sun dress – when it was stinking hot. But on second thought, do night-gowns count as a dress?
- I keep my nails clean and use a nail brush when I’ve been out pulling weeds in the garden … wouldn’t want to get dirt on a quilt – right?
- I don’t own French chalk … do you?
- My hair is what it is.
- I don’t own powder or lipstick.
- I could care less if my husband caught me sewing in my night gown in the middle of the afternoon!
Today, I hope you were able to show your sewing machine some love by using them!
I have been working on quilting this quilt with meandering hearts of various sizes. Of have high hopes of this being finished soon … then I’ll have another quilt finished, done and completed!
The post on Newfoundland Quilt stores has these pictures featured on Wednesday Wait Loss! Thanks, Jennifer!
- WIPs on Wednesday @ Esther Quilt Blog
- Let’s Bee Social @ Sew Fresh Quilts
- Midweek Makers @ QuiltFabrication
- Wednesday Wait Loss @ Inquiring Quilter
- Happy Needle and Thread @ My Quilt Infatuation