Here is a view of all the UFO projects that I finished in 2018. Some were quick finishes, others took quite awhile and were bigger projects.
And the “Starts in 2018”
All of them are completed except for the 2018/19 Bonnie Hunter mystery (which was impossible to complete in 2018) and one that I started this week. A few pictures are missing because they were gifted before I thought to take pictures.
Wow!!! When I look at all of these – even I am amazed!
Particpants in PHD 2018
Well, some participants did an awesome job completing their PHD in Quilting! And some made a gallant effort! All deserve a hand of applause!
- Terry, my cousin, finished her 12 UFOs and I got to see many of them in person! YEAH Terry! Her blog is TLC Quilts – Sew what’s next. See her mid-December post HERE.
- Emily, from the “Darling Dogwood“ completed all of her projects. She started the year with a personal criteria … she will finish all projects that are started by the end of September. This gives her freedom to work on the leader ender charity quilts that she does towards the end of the year. This was just fine with me as the whole object is to decrease our UFOs and not increase the the number.
- Deena from Dreamworthy Quilts has an impressive list on her website. Completing UFOs and her new starts!
- Ann, from Laughing Gas Quilts has not completed her PHD. She did extremely well considering her quilting space was flooded (ULK) and she has been dealing with longarm issues. She asked for an extension! Ha Ha! Just like real PHD students do! And amazingly – I granted her a 3 week extension from the day her long arm gets fixed! She may come in as a late PHD in 2018!
- Roseanne, from “Home Sewn By US” has completed her UFOs, but did not complete all of the 2018 starts. A valiant effort, though!
- Kate from “Life in Pieces” finished many UFOs … several are old Bonnie Hunter mysteries and I know that takes a LOT of work to do them. Go visit her blog and see the eye candy! As well, Kate has a 15 minutes of sewing a day challenge … I’m debating whether or not to join. I know that I did this when I was working full time – those 15 minutes at the machine after a trying day at work were an awesome stress reliever.
- Beth, from “Appliqué and …. knitting, stitchery, genealogy, food” did not complete her PHD (as far as I can tell). However, she had a major move and was delayed for several months with little access to her fabrics. She already has a plan for 2019!
- Susan on Instagram: I haven’t heard from her. I can see she’s finished a lot of UFOs, but not sure if she’s completed all of her 2018 starts. See her quilts HERE.
THIS was FUN!
Not only did I
get rid of finish a lot of UFOs and finish all my 2018 starts … but I received this today!
What an awesome bunch of friends I have made this year!
If you want to join us in 2019 … check out THIS POST
I was Featured on Wednesday Wait Loss with my Christmas post. You can check it out HERE
In the meantime,
- Linky Tuesday @ Free Motion by the River
- WIPs on Wednesday @ Esther Quilt Blog
- Let’s Bee Social @ Sew Fresh Quilts
- Midweek Makers @ QuiltFabrication
- Wednesday Wait Loss @ Inquiring Quilter
- Happy Needle and Thread @ My Quilt Infatuation