Did you decide to join us with PHD in 2023???
Are you determined to finish a bunch of UFOs and to NOT increase the number of quilts or projects on your UFO list???
Congratulations on making that choice!!!
Let’s Get ‘er Done!
So, we’ve all got this list of UFOs to do. And we have the list of “NEW Starts in ’23” … Are you feeling overwhelmed?
We’re a third of the way through the year! Do you have a third of your UFOs done? It’s OK if you don’t, this isn’t a challenge where you have to get one done each month, but it does help.
So, let’s take one of your UFOs. It won’t get done sitting in it’s box, or stashed under the bed, or in the back of the closet. Get it out!
Decide what do you need to do? Can you start where you left off? Do you need to figure out where you left off? Whatever it is, DO IT!!!
Your UFO will get finished the same as everything else … one stitch at a time. Take the time to do at least 15 minutes of stitching today … if you can stitch for 30 minutes, then that’s even better!
Let’s get at least ONE UFO done before the end of May! Sound good?
My Tally Sheets
I finished 2 UFOs this month. You can read about them here: Chilhowie // Meadow Mist Melodic Mystery Quilt.
Only 1 NEW starts was finished this month. It’s my April Island Batik challenge.
If you want to keep track of your own progress, please feel free to download the 2023 Template.
Here’s my Task Sheet of my UFOs. This helps me keep track of what I’ve accomplished and what I need to do.
You can download your own Task list from Ms P Designs HERE.
Show us your progress with your PHD in 2023!
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!Click here to enter
A Gifted Quilt
My Brother in Law, Dale, LOVES puffy quilts! He Loves bright and cheerful quilts. I gifted him the puff quilt that I made for the February Island Batik challenge. Obviously, their little dog, Brûlée, loves it as well! You can read more about this Puff quilt HERE.
Kate, from Life in Pieces, is hosting “Stitching Stuff” and the goal is to sew for at least 15 minutes a day. I use Kate’s guideline, but my personal goal is to sew for 30 minutes a day. On those “blah” days, it does motivate me to sit at my machine and 30 minutes often turns into several hours. Thank you Kate for the motivation!
I missed 1 days this week because I was travelling, so that was a total of 3 days missed so far this year!
- January – March: 90 / 90
- April: 27 / 30
- Total: 117 / 120
- Percentage: 97%
Donna at Quilt Paint Create hosts a weekly linky party where you can display your stash numbers. This has really kept my stash from growing (somewhat!) Before I buy anything, I am always mindful of the fact that I need to report it on my blog … That sometimes stops me in my tracks!
This week’s finishes include:
- Meadow Mist’s Mystery Quilt: Melodic Mystery (12 yards)
- Fabric Used the past week: 12 yards
- Fabric Used in 2023: 86 yards from non-IB: 40
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 8.5 yards
- Net Fabric used: 77.5 yards
Just an FYI: I do not count any fabric that is given to me (Island Batik), but this year, I am going to count it as fabric used.
To Do Tuesday
Carol from Quilt Schmilt is hosting “To Do” every week.
The To Do list from last week: I didn’t get a lot ticked off on my list … maybe this next week!
- Work on a couple of quilt tops for my sister. √ DONE
- Work on May IB Challenge. in progress √ DONE
- Finish Mystery Quilt (making and writing). Not done
- X’s & O’s: Add Border, Quilt & Bind Not done
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder! √ DONE
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes. √ DONE
This week’s list:
- Finish IB Catalogue Quilt
- Finish May IB Challenge.
- Finish Mystery Quilt (making and writing).
- X’s & O’s: Add Border, Sandwich, Quilt & Bind
- Work on “Rose Coloured Glasses” blog hop project
- Gather projects to take to the next retreat!
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes.
Judy, at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts, hosts a linky party for “What’s on your Design Wall” every week.
- May IB challenge : Sandelwood and the Wedge Star tool
- June IB challenge (The luscious teal and green 10″ stack)
- Xs & Os. #1 & #2. – cut with Accuquilt dies
Quilting: These are all sandwiched and ready to quilt …
- IB Catalogue Quilt (not shown)
- Bird Panel
Current Blog Hop
Island Batik Blog Hop: Tool Craze: This Blog Hop starts TOMORROW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My day is May 9
Each Ambassador was given a 1/2 yard of each fabric in a collection, along with coordinating fabric, as well as a Studio 180 tool … It’s going to be fun to see what each person creates!
If you visit Island Batik’s blog, HERE, you have an opportunity to win some awesome fabric. These fat quarter bundles are soooooo beautiful!!!
Here’s the list of who’s participating in the blog hop this week:
May 1: Celebrate
- Susan: Lady Blue Quilts
- Randy: Randi’s Roost
May 2: Holiday at Home
- Elita: Busy Needle
- Mania: Mania for Quilts
May 3: Let It Snow
- Brittany: Bobbin With Brittany
- Pamela: Pamela Quilts
May 4: Make a Wish
- Denise: For the Love of Geese
- Connie: Kauffman Designs
Upcoming Blog Hops
Island Batik Blog Hop: Tool Craze: week 2 & 3. (my day is June 9)
Just Let Me Quilt: Sew It – Show It: Rose Colored Glasses (My day is May 16)
Moose Stash Quilting: Sew It – Show It: When Pigs Fly (My day is June 9)
Just Let Me Quilt: Sew It – Show It: Picnic Party
Moose Stash Quilting: Sew It – Show It: Call Me Crazy
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- So Scrappy @ Scrap Happy
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
- 15 Minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- Sew and Tell @ Melva Loves Scraps
- Monday Musings @ Songbird Designs
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- Monday This and That @ Days Filled With Joy
- To-Do Tuesday @ Quilt Schmilt