I don’t have a finish for Friday, but I thought I’d show you this quilt that I made for a sweet, sweet young lady, “V.” I made it for her when she was born. I believe she’s 5 now! Her parents told me that they put the quilt away for when she was bigger than a newborn. “V” now has the quilt.
“V’s” mother is a good friend of my daughter. My daughter designed the quilt from a few options I gave her. She picked out the fabric and I did the sewing. Of course, it had to have a few personal touches! My daughter took a picture of the foxes in the one print, enlarged the fox and and MADE me appliqué the fox onto the quilt. You’ve heard me say before that I highly dislike appliqué! If I had to do it over again, I’d use my embroidery machine and digitizer.
The quilting was in the ditch around the skinny white borders and a simple meander throughout the rest of the quilt.
Want to try a new pattern?
Head over to “For the Love of Geese” for a pretty neat pattern “Tiger Lilies” … and a tutorial on how to make it! (I’m not going to show you the quilt … you need to visit Denise’s website to see it!)
I’ve been Featured!
Jennifer from Inquiring Quilter featured my picture about the finish of these pillows. You can read about them HERE.
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Midweek Makers @ QuiltFabrication
- Wednesday Wait Loss @ Inquiring Quilter
- Happy Needle and Thread @ My Quilt Infatuation
- Andrée / Free Motion Mavericks @ Quilting & Learning – What a combo!
- Put your Foot Down @ For the Love of Geese
- My Bijou Life @ Creative Compulsions
- Can I get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict