Meet Randy the Rhino!!! He is one of the wonderful patterns available at Funky Friends Factory! If you sign up for the Funky Friends newsletter, you can get a free pattern for a bear! And Funky Friends provide fantastic directions as well as pictorial tutorials.
Many of my fellow Island Batik ambassadors made various Funky Friends for Houston Quilt market. Talk about cute! EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. I didn’t sign up because of the lack of time at the time.
Randy is made with “Mini Bubbles” from the Island Batik “Islander” collection! I was going to save this picture until December to show him with my other December projects – but I couldn’t wait!!! (Island Batik provided the fabric for Randy!)
I choose to make Randy as a reminder of my trip to Africa. We saw both white and black rhinos! And black rhinos are the same colour as the white rhinos! (They’re called ‘black’ due to a translation error about the shape of their mouths.) We learned to differentiate between them by the humps on the back and how they carry their heads. Randy is closest to a black rhino as his head is up.
November Island Batik Project needs quilting and binding
These pillow shams were finished. I used 1 yard of fabric from my stash. I also made 2 placemats for the guild – which used 1/2 yard.
- Fabric Used this week 1.5 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 152.35 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 68.05
- Net Fabric used 88.3
- Husband’s Purchases 9.5
- January – Oct: 236 out of 262
- Nov. – 17out of 17
- Year-to-date: 253 out of 280 = 90%
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
I like to make lists at the beginning of the week, but I’ll still link up to Roseanne & Sue’s Home Sewn by Us on Tuesday.
Last week’s list:
- Quilt Secret Project #2 (Nov IB challenge) xxx no progres
- Prep 2 blocks from 52 blocks in 52 weeks – 41 -42 √ done
- Sew 2 blocks from 52 blocks in 52 weeks – week 32 -33 √ done
- Smith Mountain Morning – Web together √ done
- Complete Secret Project #4 √ done (this was Randy the rhino!)
This week’s list:
- Quilt Secret Project #2 (Nov IB challenge) – finish it!
- Prep 2 blocks from 52 blocks in 52 weeks – 43 – 44
- Sew 2 blocks from 52 blocks in 52 weeks – week 34-35
- Smith Mountain Morning – Web together – add borders
Island Batik Blog Hop
“A Piece of … Blog Hop” is in the final week. Visit Island Batik’s blog to see a recap of last week’s quilts and to enter to win Island Batiks’ Islander Collection by Kathy Engle.
I was lucky enough to receive this collection in my July box and have used it for my December Island Batik projects. It’s a beautiful collection!
The fabrics featured in this blog hop are from the Summer 2019 line and will be in fabric stores SOON!!!
Here are the links to follow for this week:
- Monday, November 18:
- Tuesday, November 19:
- Wednesday, November 20:
- Friday, November 22:
Blog Hop roundup Week 3
If you haven’t visited last weeks’ blogs, the list below will take you directly to the blog post of the quilts. SEW worth visiting for the wonderful eye candy!
- Monday, November 4:
- Tuesday, November 5:
- Wednesday, November 6:
Thursday, November 7:
I was featured!
At Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland … by finishing this quilt!
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Tish @ Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland
- So Scrappy Saturdays @ So Scrappy
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- What I Made Monday @ Pretty Piney Quilts
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- To-Do Tuesday @ Home Sewn By Us
- Colour Inspiration Tuesday @ Clever Chameleon Quilting