Here are the purple and the blue Round Robin Quilts with the arrows added. I’m happy that I have enough Island Batik fabric to complete these 2 quilts. I used the Accuquilt Go to make the flying geese (Dies 4 & 5 from the 8″ Cube set).
I had a few “hiccups” as I was making the arrow borders. See the video for details!
Here is a Linky Party for you to show off your work! You have a few options for posting … you can post a link to your blog, a link to your Instagram or a link to a Pinterest page.
Even if you’re not participating in the Stay at Home Round Robin – go visit the linking blogs to see what they are doing. Do you see the one that put it on point? That’s part of the freedom of a Round Robin – I LOVE it!
Next Round: Part 5
The next round for the Round Robin is squares. It can be anything … wonky squares, square in a square, 4 or 9 patches – the choice is yours.
A Friday Finish
This week on the Facebook guild page the challenge was to make a “heart” quilt … any size … People in the Vancouver area are putting hearts in their windows to honour the front line workers during the pandemic. I decided to make a quilt that would be large enough to hang in the window so that it could be clearly seen from the street. I used this pattern: Color My Heart Mini Quilt from the Fat Quarter Shop. It’s a nice easy pattern. However, typical of me, I adjusted the pattern and used 6½” blocks to make it bigger. It turned out bigger than I wanted and that meant I had to piece the backing. Oh well, it’s done now!
Yes, I used more of my Dr. Suess fabrics … I still have some left, but not a lot! It was fun to quilt it with hearts of all shapes and sizes!
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Midweek Makers @ QuiltFabrication
- Wednesday Wait Loss @ Inquiring Quilter
- Happy Needle and Thread @ My Quilt Infatuation
- Put your Foot Down @ For the Love of Geese
- Andrée / Free Motion Mavericks @ Quilting & Learning – What a combo!
- Muv / Free Motion Mavericks @ Lizzie Lenard Vintage Sewing
- TGIFF @ Lisa in Port Hope
- Off the Wall Friday @ Creations – Quilts, Art, Whatever
- Finished or Not Friday @ Alycia Quilts
- Sherry @ Powered by Quilting
- Can I get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
- Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty
- Peacock Party @ Wendy’s Quilts and More