Just so there is no confusion, I’m starting this post by giving you Quilting Definitions:
- a PHD in quilting terms means Projects Half Done
- UFO in quilting terms means UnFinished Objects
- My own definition of UFOs for the PHD includes all projects started in December 2020 that are not complete by December 31.
Do you have 12 or more UFOs???
Do you feel like you’re drowning in UFOs???
Do the UFOs you have make you feel guilty???
Do you want to decrease the number of UFOs you have???
Do you want to make sure that your UFO list does not increase???
Join in the PHD in 2021!!!
Sew … what do you need to do???
- List 12 UFOs that you’d like to finish next year. If you have more than 12 … that’s OK – we only need to know about 12 of them. (And if you want to change one UFO to another – that’s allowed).
- put your UFOs on a blog post, an Instagram post or a Pinterest page
- Keep track of your UFOs … some people like to list the steps left in completing the UFO
- You MUST finish EVERY project you start in 2021 (with a couple of exceptions). By finishing EVERY project you do not add to your UFO list! These are called “Starts in 2021.”
- Exceptions include:
- Project is a “leader & ender” that goes until it’s got enough pieces to complete
- Projects that are started in 2021 and can’t be finished in 2021 because
- you don’t have all the steps to the mystery or the quilt
- a project is started in December ’21 and there’s not enough time to finish in 2021.
- Exceptions include:
- Every month, link up and show us your PDH progress.
- Again, link to a blog post, an Instagram post or a Pinterest page.
Here’s a link to an Excel sheet (2021 UFO Tally) that you can use for tracking your UFOs. You don’t have to use this sheet – but I’m offering it to you to get you started. This is what I use.
SEW …. what are MY UFOs?
My list of UFOs is at the right. I have put a few aside and these are the ones that I want to work on in 2021. However, I might change my mind and pick a different one to finish. AND I sincerely hope that I do not find a single UFO as I go through my stash!!! On the right is my list of UFOs. I am aiming to complete 12 of them this year. I can’t show you a picture of the first 4 on the list, but there’s pictures of the the rest that I hope to complete.
With having 4 UFOs that were started in December added to the list, that brings my total of UFOs to 22. I’ll be happy to finish 12 of them.
#1 Stay at Home Round Robin … this was started this week … I know it won’t be finished by the end of the month … but it needs to be finished by the time the Stay at Home Round Robin is completed. You can read a little bit about it HERE. We’ll be giving you more information at the beginning of January.
#2 & #3 Holiday Seclusion Mystery … I have 2 in progress … one is ready to be quilted, the other is still being pieced. And obviously, I can’t show you a picture of them until later.
#4 Guild’s January Clue-Sew Mystery … currently being pieced … and will need to be completed by the end of the mystery in March.
#5 T-shirt quilt …. I’m not about to drag the bag out, but I have a zillion t-shirts from Echo Lake Bible camp and I promised to make a quilt with them. I’ve been promising for quite a while. Time to get it made, don’t you agree?
Next in line are the panels …
#6 These are 2 panels that I bought at separate times … one was bought in St. Jacobs, Ontario and the other was bought several years later in New Holland, Pennsylvania. I plan to combine them into one twin sized quilt.
#7 These are another 2 panels that I plan to combine into a single quilt. The date on one of them says “2004.” But I know that it was bought after that since I didn’t get back into quilting until late 2005.
#8 Birds … I made this into a small quilt for my aunt several years ago. I liked the panels so much, that I bought enough to make 2 quilts.
Next are the kits that are languishing … for too many years now …
#9 Town Table Topper
#10 #11 #12 These kits were bought in Newfoundland. Two of them include applique … which is not a favourite technique of mine. I’ve been often known to call it “CR-applique” … pronounced CRAP-plique.
You have until January 15, 2021 to officially join the PHD in 2021. Here’s the Linky Party to join. Remember, it can be a link to a blog post, Instagram post or a Pinterest page.