Oh dear … time seems to be flying by this month!
But it’s OK … I’m busy and having fun!!!
#1 Scrappy Improv Quilting …
Absolutely NO change from last week! None at all!
#2. Scrappy Improv Quilting …
This is from the pattern “Prismatic.” This has gone from the first photo to the 2nd. So it is ready for sandwiching. I just need to choose a backing.
#4, #5, & #6 Secret Sewing: Island Batik
I’m happy to report that all of the patterns have been written. And one is still being tested. All of the tops are complete!
#2 Secret Island Batik project is being quilted
#1 Secret Island Batik is quilted. I can only show you the back … the fabric is a beautiful “Moonstone,” one of the fabrics that is available all the time! It is quilted with Aurifil 2600 – Dove. Hobbs 80/20 batting and a Schmetz Microtex needle was used.
I got “paid” in fabric for the class that I taught. Even though I didn’t “buy” it, it still adds to my stash. I added 11 yards of flannel … all for backing baby quilts. And I did use 1.25 yards on the back of the mystery quilt (see the purple above?)
- Fabric Used this week 0 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 100.25 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 50. 75 yards (my husbands amounts as well)
- Net Fabric used 49.5 yards
- Husband’s purchases: 0 yards (which are added into my total amount of Fabric added this year). For those of you who don’t know … my husband often buys more fabric than I do … so, I’m keeping track! Unfortunately, he doesn’t sew!
I have been sewing for at LEAST 3-4 hours each day … deadlines add pressure, you know! So my stitchin’ time is good!
- January – October – 292/ 272
- Nov – 7 / 7
- Total: 299 / 310
- Percentage = 96 %
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
Linda from Texas Quilt Gal is now hosting “To Do” every week. You can check out her blog HERE.
The To Do list from Last Week:
- Sandwich BBQG Guild Mystery #2 & #3 #2 Done, #3 not done
- Sandwich Island Batik Secret #4 √ DONE
- Sew top together Prismatic from Scrappy Improv √ DONE
- Work on Island Batik’s December project in progress
- Finish Island Batik Secret #2 top √ DONE
- Finish Quilting Island Batik Secret #3 not done
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! √ DONE
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ DONE
This week’s list:
Is fairly light … priorities only … as I won’t be home for a few days. (I’ll tell you about it later).
- Quilt Island Batik Secret #2
- Quilt Island Batik Secret #4
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
Island Batik Blog Hop
Island Batik’s Storm at Sea Blog Hop is into it’s 2nd week! Check out THIS POST to follow each of the ambassadors and their creative and awesome quilts!
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Tish @ Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland
- So Scrappy @ Scrap Happy
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- 15 minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- To-Do Tuesday @ Texas Quilt Gal
- Colour Inspiration Tuesday @ Clever Chameleon Quilting