My finishes this week include the quilts I shared on Monday for the Island Batik Storm at Sea Blog Hop. My surprise fabric was the fabulous Bellingham Bay collection by Kathy Engle. Two very different quilts, both using a 12″ Storm at Sea paper piecing block (From EQ). You can read more about these quilts HERE.
Island Batik Blog Hop
To see all of the quilts in this week’s collection, check them out at the Island Batik blog HERE. There is also an opportunity for YOU to win either a strip pack or a stack of beautiful Bellingham Bay fabric!
October’s Island Batik Challenge
A fellow Island Batik Ambassador, Andi, from True Blue Quilts, put together this great video that showcases most of the completed challenges. We were all given 3 spools of 40 weight Aurifil thread and told to create a wall hanging that is inspired by the endangered species. It is well worth the look!
Mine was the Pangolin and you can read about my creation HERE.
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
Happy Quilting! Gail
- TGIFF @ Slice of Pi Quilts
- Midweek Makers @ QuiltFabrication
- Wednesday Wait Loss @ Inquiring Quilter
- Happy Needle and Thread @ My Quilt Infatuation
- Muv / Free Motion Mavericks @ Lizzie Lenard Vintage Sewing
- Put your Foot Down @ For the Love of Geese
- Can I get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
- Finished or Not Friday @ Alycia Quilts
- Sherry @ Powered by Quilting
- Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty
- Off the Wall Friday @ Creations – Quilts, Art, Whatever
- Peacock Party @ Wendy’s Quilts and More