I haven’t posted any of my regular Sunday/Monday things for almost a month. A LOT has been happening here in my studio … and then there was the retreat … and then more stuff happening! I’ve been busy!
Kate, from Life in Pieces, is hosting “Stitching Stuff” and the goal is to sew for at least 15 minutes a day. I use Kate’s guideline, but my personal goal is to sew for 30 minutes a day. On those “blah” days, it does motivate me to sit at my machine and 30 minutes often turns into several hours. Thank you Kate for the motivation!
- January Feb: 59 / 59
- Mar 1- 27: 27 / 27
- Total: 86 / 86
- Percentage =100%
Donna at Quilt Paint Create hosts a weekly linky party where you can display your stash numbers. This has really kept my stash from growing (somewhat!) Before I buy anything, I am always mindful of the fact that I need to report it on my blog … That sometimes stops me in my tracks!
1 1/4 yards of fabric has been added to my stash. It’s not too exciting … just a plain beige flannel to back the fabric of another teddy bear quilt that I’m making. (It was started to use as a sample in the class!) However, the flannel is pretty cool … the picture didn’t turn out … but it is beige and has little flecks of black / dark brown in it – it almost looks like muslin! (
I did use stash in a couple of my March finishes … The backings for the SAHRR (see HERE), the Time in a Bottle Quilt (see HERE) and the GAYG table runner (see HERE). 3 1/2 yards, 1 1/4 yards, and 1 yard respectively. That totals 5 3/4 yards!
- Fabric Used this week 5.75 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 13.50 yards
- Fabric Bought this month: 1.25 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 4.25 yards
- Net Fabric used 8.75 yards
Linda from Texas Quilt Gal is hosting “To Do” every week.
I had month to work on my previous To Do list … let’s see how I did …
The To Do list 2 weeks ago:
- Finish IB March project √ DONE see HERE
- Work on Macaron Mystery: Sandwich √ DONE
- Work on Time in a Bottle: Quilt, prepare binding √ DONE see HERE
- Complete April’s Colour Challenge not started
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! √ DONE
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ DONE
This week’s list:
- Finish quilting Macaron Mystery
- Work on IB May challenge
- Work on April’s Colour Challenge
- Sandwich and possibly quilt BBQG mystery quilt
- Teddy #3 – Sew for class sample
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
Donna, at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts, host a linky party for “What’s on your Design Wall” every week.
1. Teddy #3: These fabrics are from my stash. This Teddy will be for demo in a class.
- Working on Macaron Mystery:
2. May IB project is next in line