Kate, from Life in Pieces, is hosting “Stitching Stuff” and the goal is to sew for at least 15 minutes a day. I use Kate’s guideline, but my personal goal is to sew for 30 minutes a day. On those “blah” days, it does motivate me to sit at my machine and 30 minutes often turns into several hours. Thank you Kate for the motivation!
I’ve missed 2 days of sewing in the past 2 weeks … that’s what happens when you spend full days helping someone move!
- January – April: 117 / 120
- May 1 – 29: 17 / 29
- Total: 134 / 159
- Percentage = 84%
Donna at Quilt Paint Create hosts a weekly linky party where you can display your stash numbers. This has really kept my stash from growing (somewhat!) Before I buy anything, I am always mindful of the fact that I need to report it on my blog … That sometimes stops me in my tracks!
The apron used 1.25 yards and the 2 small quilts used a yard each for backing … for a total of 3.25 yards used since my last report. No shopping, so nothing added!
- Fabric Used since the last report 3.25 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 43 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 6.25 yards
- Net Fabric used 36.75 yards
Linda from Texas Quilt Gal is hosting “To Do” every week.
The To Do list from 2 weeks ago:
- Finish May Island Batik challenge. √ DONE you can see it HERE
- Work on Pop Star Quilt √ DONE flimsy completed
- Sandwich Squirrel Attack Quilt (see below). √ DONE
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder! √ DONE
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ DONE
This week’s list:
- Quilt Pop Star Quilt
- Work on Here Comes the Sun Pop Star Quilt blog hop project
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
Donna, at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts, host a linky party for “What’s on your Design Wall” every week.
- Here Comes the Sun project
2. A Squirrel Attack: The flimsy is done – but I forgot to take a picture …
- Squirrel is sandwiched and I have a plan for the quilting!
2. Quilting is in progress. I have been working on Sandra Walker’s Pop Star Quilt … Yesterday, the instructions for adding the border were posted. You can access the steps at MMM Quilts HERE.
2 thoughts on “Monday Moments … May 30”
You have been busy Gail. Squirrels and Pop Star! Love them both. 😉
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks for the motivation Gail! I also use the 15 minute a day goal, knowing it will go beyond that 😊 I don’t sew everyday, but having this goal has helped in decreasing my stash ….. slightly 😂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Comments are closed.