Carol, from Just Let Me Quilt is hosting this blog hop. Here comes the Sun is a great title for a June blog hop. However, I live in Western Canada … on the WET coast! We haven’t seen much sun and it has been cool! On the news, they are calling it “June-uary.”
What is the challenge for “Here Comes The Sun”?
Sew something that has a summer theme like: sunglasses, beach items, sunny skies, and/or yellow colors. It can be a quilt, a bag, a toy, or whatever you want it to be.
So, I took a class from Elizabeth at Epida Studio and made this great window hanging with the sun inside the flower! (She has several different classes and is a fantastic teacher! I highly advise that you look into taking a class from her)
The technique to make this was totally new to me. It’s called Pojagi. It’s a technique that Elizabeth learned in Korea. The seams make it look like stained glass.
And here’s a picture of it in the window!
The fabrics are Island Batik … The yellow is Ogee Petal Sunshine, the flower petals are Floral Wonders and the background is Butterfly Blooms.
Once this was stitched together, it was a bit flimsy, so I sprayed it with Terial Magic and it was perfect!
Here’s the list of all of the blogs that are participating! Enjoy the sunny eye candy!
- Creatin’ in the Sticks
- Becky’s Adventures in Quilting and Travel
- Elizabeth Coughlin Designs
- For The Love Of Geese
- That Fabric Feeling
- Just Let Me Quilt
- Vicki’s Crafts and Quilting
- Quilted Delights
- Quilt Schmilt
- Lynn’s Blog
- Kathy’s Kwilts and More
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Midweek Makers @ QuiltFabrication
- Wednesday Wait Loss @ Inquiring Quilter
- Happy Needle and Thread @ My Quilt Infatuation
- Muv / Free Motion Mavericks @ Lizzie Lenard Vintage Sewing
- Finished or Not Friday @ Alycia Quilts
- Sherry @ Powered by Quilting
- Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty
- Off the Wall Friday @ Creations – Quilts, Art, Whatever
- Peacock Party @ Wendy’s Quilts and More
- TGIFF @ Slice of Pi