Last Saturday, our guild had a “Boot Sale” … or a garage sale. We met in the parking lot of a local church and spread out our items.
The guild had a lot of fabric spread over several tables. Here’s a picture of just ONE of the tables.
Our new vice President collected money from the guild sales and also helped some to renew their membership for next year.
Don’t you LOVE the antique suitcases that Linda showcased her fabric in?
And a laundry rack for displaying beautiful fabric!
It was a beautiful sunny summer day, but you could buy a toboggan or winter quilts!
Guild Library books for sale:
More quilting gems!
And I sold a few of my smaller quilts, placemats and wall hangings.
A Recent UFO finish
This quilt was my most recent UFO finish! It was started in 2009, when I did Bonnie Hunter’s Carolina Christmas mystery quilt. These blocks were left-over and were sandwiched with Warm and Natural and tucked into a closet. Now, I haven’t used Warm and Natural for a zillion years … I’m sure I’ve gone through at least 5 full rolls of Hobbs 80/20, plus more Hobbs that I’ve received through Island Batik. When I quilted this a couple of weeks ago, I was reminded as to why I LOVE Hobbs batting so much!! The W&N has way more lint and it doesn’t quilt as smoothly as Hobbs 80/20. (Now – this is just MY opinion).
I was Featured!
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- So Scrappy @ Scrap Happy
- Midweek Makers @ QuiltFabrication
- Wednesday Wait Loss @ Inquiring Quilter
- Happy Needle and Thread @ My Quilt Infatuation
- Muv / Free Motion Mavericks @ Lizzie Lenard Vintage Sewing
- Andrée / Free Motion Mavericks @ Quilting & Learning – What a combo!
- Put your Foot Down
@ For the Love of Geese@ True Blue Quilt
- Finished or Not Friday @ Alycia Quilts
- Sherry @ Powered by Quilting
- Off the Wall Friday @ Creations – Quilts, Art, Whatever
- Peacock Party @ Wendy’s Quilts and More
- TGIFF @ Kathleen McMusing