Monthly Colour Challenge
This month, it’s Cinnamon! I LOVE Cinnamon … And these luscious fabrics from Island Batik just sing Cinnamon!!!
This pattern is free until the end of the month … so hurry … you can get it HERE: Patterns by Jen.
Here are all 8 of my blocks:
I don’t have a lot of “Cinnamon” quilts, but this one, using the Island Batik Evergreen & Pine collection is one that was made for the Island Batik catalogue. You can see it HERE. It’s the Fall/Winter 2021 catalogue & the quilt is called “In the Woods.” It is free motion quilted on my domestic sewing machine with Aurifil Thread and Hobbs Batting 80/20.
Kate, from Life in Pieces, is hosting “Stitching Stuff” and the goal is to sew for at least 15 minutes a day. I use Kate’s guideline, but my personal goal is to sew for 30 minutes a day. On those “blah” days, it does motivate me to sit at my machine and 30 minutes often turns into several hours. Thank you Kate for the motivation!
- January – July: 185 / 218
- August: 28 / 28
- Total: 199 / 232
- Percentage = 85%
Donna at Quilt Paint Create hosts a weekly linky party where you can display your stash numbers. This has really kept my stash from growing (somewhat!) Before I buy anything, I am always mindful of the fact that I need to report it on my blog … That sometimes stops me in my tracks!
I finished these projects since the last update:
- the 3 yard quilt … 3 yards for the front, 3 for the back & half a yard for binding …
- the retreat bag (for the See ya Later Blog Hop) … used half a yard
- The left-over Carolina Christmas blocks used 6 yards
- Fabric Used since the last report 13 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 75 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 14 yards
- Net Fabric used 61 yards
Linda from Texas Quilt Gal is hosting “To Do” every week.
The To Do list from a few weeks ago:
- Sandwich Island Batik’s September project √ DONE
- Quilt: 3 Yard Quilt √ DONE
- Work on project for “See Ya Later” Blog Hop √ DONE
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder! √ DONE
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ DONE
This week’s list:
- Quilt Island Batik’s September project
- Finish dealing with scraps from Island Batik’s September project (can’t let them go to waste!)
- Work on project for “Get on Board with Sewing” Blog Hop (I have a plan!)
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
Donna, at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts, host a linky party for “What’s on your Design Wall” every week.
- Work with scraps from Island Batik’s September project (Sorry, no pictures!)
- Work on project for “Get on Board with Sewing” Blog Hop (Sorry, no pictures!)
- Island Batik’s September project (sorry no picture!)
Upcoming Blog Hops
- Get on board with sewing is hosted by Melva Loves Scraps
- Queen of Gadgets is hosted by Just let me Quilt
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- So Scrappy @ Scrap Happy
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
- Sew and Tell @ Melva Loves Scraps
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- Monday This and That @ Days Filled With Joy
- To-Do Tuesday @ Texas Quilt Gal