SAHRR has started
This is my centre block using Island Batik’s Baby Bloomer’s by Kathy Engle with Island Batik solid white as the background. You can read more about it HERE and see all the wonderful centre blocks that others have chosen!
I started this little mini wall hanging when I was at a retreat last week. It was a partial kit that came in Missouri Star’s Advent Christmas box. We were given a full charm pack of Kona solids, but since I LOVE blue so much, I picked out the blues for the border.
Since it is a wall hanging, I didn’t worry too much about getting all the letters sewn into place and I just quilted it with a wavy stitch with my walking foot, using Aurifil thread. I had the perfect size piece of Hobbs Poly-down for the batting.
I didn’t have binding fabric with me at the retreat and I didn’t want to go shopping for fabric. I’m trying really hard to stick to a very strict “no buying fabric” diet. So, the project needed to wait until I got home.
In my stash, I had the perfect solid navy blue for the binding. It didn’t take too long and the project was trimmed, binding cut and sewn on. And ta-da!!! it’s DONE!!!
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Midweek Makers @ QuiltFabrication
- Wednesday Wait Loss @ Inquiring Quilter
- Happy Needle and Thread @ My Quilt Infatuation
- Andrée / Free Motion Mavericks @ Quilting & Learning – What a combo!
- Put your Foot Down @ For the Love of Geese
- Can I get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
- Finished or Not Friday @ Alycia Quilts
- Sherry @ Powered by Quilting
- Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty
- Off the Wall Friday @ Creations – Quilts, Art, Whatever
- Peacock Party @ Wendy’s Quilts and More
- TGIFF @ Melva Loves Scraps