First, I need to show you a finish … not a quilty finish, but a finish. While I was at Essem Textiles, I spotted some super cute knit teddy bear fabric. I LOVE teddy bears! Years ago, in the last century, I made a cute nightshirt with teddybears on it. That nightshirt was loved for years and years. This summer, I noticed that it was pretty thread barren and it’s time was near! Well, I might have noticed it much longer than just this summer! When I saw the fabric at Essem, I just knew I had found the perfect fabric to replace the nightshirt with. And the old night shirt is re-purposed as cleaning cloths in the garage. However, I did rescue the button off the old one and put it on the new one!
I’m not going to model it, but here it is on my design wall:
It was fun to use my serger and complete a project in less than a day! That doesn’t happen when I’m quilting!
Island Batik’s Storm at Sea Blog Hop
Did you get to see all of the Storm at Sea quilts? They were all based on the Storm at Sea block. Some people used Paper Piecing (me), some used Studio 180 rules, and some used the Accuquilt Block on Board die. Andi (from True Blue Quilts) made a great youtube video that showcases all of the quilt. Watch it and Enjoy!
#1 Scrappy Improv Quilting …
Absolutely NO change from the last month! None at all!
#2. A Christmas Tree Skirt
These are fabrics from Essem Textiles. I have started piecing the tree skirt … such pretty fabrics to work with!
#1 The last Secret Island Batik project is being quilted
#2 Scrappy Improv Quilting This is from the pattern “Prismatic … just made bigger … lots bigger … (from Kelly Young’s book “Scrappy Improv Quilting.” This book is SEW much fun … make sure you order yours before it’s too late!
- Fabric Used this week 0 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 100.25 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 50. 75 yards (my husbands amounts as well)
- Net Fabric used 49.5 yards
- Husband’s purchases: 0 yards (which are added into my total amount of Fabric added this year). For those of you who don’t know … my husband often buys more fabric than I do … so, I’m keeping track! Unfortunately, he doesn’t sew!
- January – October – 292/ 303
- Nov – 21 / 21
- Total: 313 / 324
- Percentage = 96 %
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
Linda from Texas Quilt Gal is now hosting “To Do” every week. You can check out her blog HERE.
The To Do list from 2 Weeks ago:
- Quilt Island Batik Secret #2 √ DONE
- Quilt Island Batik Secret #4 in progress
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! Got inspired to make a tree skirt not done
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ DONE
This week’s list:
- Finish Quilting Island Batik Secret #4
- Finish Tree Skirt
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
I have finished enough UFOs for my PHD, but I still have a few “Starts in 2021” to finish …
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- So Scrappy @ Scrap Happy
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- 15 minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- To-Do Tuesday @ Texas Quilt Gal
- Colour Inspiration Tuesday @ Clever Chameleon Quilting