This week: Pinwheels
I used the Accuquilt Go! cutter to cut the half-square triangles to make the pinwheels. On the purple quilt, I made 12 and for the blue one, I made 16. I used Island Batik fabrics for both quilts. The blue I used a strip from a “Stash Builders” bundle, a basics and some yardage from “Faded Blue Jeans.” The purple used a variety of fabrics.
Video of Pinwheels
In this video, I discuss what I did to “make it fit” and the extra quilting that I did.
SEW … next week we’re adding arrows to the quilt.
How are you doing with your Round Robin?
Here is a Linky Party for you to show off your work! You have a few options for posting … you can post a link to your blog, a link to your Instagram or a link to a Pinterest page.
A Friday Finish
Last week on Facebook, I challenged guild members to make a donation quilt and post it on Facebook on April 3. Of course, I HAD to make one as well. I rummaged through my “kid” fabric and found several Dr. Suess blocks left over from another quilt. I made 8 more blocks and ended up with this quilt. It was hard, but it was done before April 2 was in the history books.
Have you been following?
Scrap Everyting Blog Hop
Here is a list of everyone who is participating in the Blog Hop!
- April 1 Patti @ Lemon Tree Snippets
- April 2 Gail @ Quilting Gail This is ME! I posted yesterday!
- April 3 Bea Lea @ Beaquilter
- April 3 Cynthia @ Cynthia’s Creating Ark
- April 4 Emily @ The Darling Dogwood
- April 4 Jeanne @ Quilting Jeanne
- April 5 Kathy @ Kathy’s Kwilts and More and Patti @ Lemon Tree Snippets
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Midweek Makers @ QuiltFabrication
- Wednesday Wait Loss @ Inquiring Quilter
- Happy Needle and Thread @ My Quilt Infatuation
- Put your Foot Down @ For the Love of Geese
- Andrée / Free Motion Mavericks @ Quilting & Learning – What a combo!
- Muv / Free Motion Mavericks @ Lizzie Lenard Vintage Sewing
- TGIFF @ Devoted Quilter
- Sherry @ Powered by Quilting
- Can I get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
- Off the Wall Friday @ Creations – Quilts, Art, Whatever
- Finished or Not Friday @ Alycia Quilts
- Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty
- Peacock Party @ Wendy’s Quilts and More