“Big Brother’s” quilt is done! I used the pattern from this video, and then to make it a bit bigger, I added 2½” wide sashing and cornerstones. This is the very first time I’ve used a light binding … I like it, but I’m not sure how it will be for a toddler quilt! Will have to wait and see.
- Size: 44″ x 58
- Quilted with: a light, light blue CanSew thread. Stars and Swirls
- Hobbs 80/20 batting
Here’s a close-up of the quilting:
This has something to do with my Island Batik June project. Can you guess what’s happening?
I showed you the picture below. How do they fit together?
Hopefully the Island Batik project will be sandwiched and quilted this week.
I’m linking up to Roseanne & Sue’s “TO DO” Tuesday. Their blog is “Home Sewn by Us.”
Last week’s list:
- Finish the Baby UFO √ done
- Finish Big Brother √ done
- Finish piecing June’s Island Batik project almost done
This week’s list:
- Finish June’s Island Batik project
- Start Winnie the Pooh
Big Brother quilt (above) used 4.5 yards and Baby Elephant quilt used up 4 yards.
- Fabric Used this week 8.5 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 177.5 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 9.5
- Net Fabric used 167 yards
I am aiming for 30 minutes/day – at least! I switched from 15 minutes / day to 30 minutes/day in April!
- 15 minute days: January – May: 151 / 152
- 30 min days/ June:
- Total days in 2020: 151 / 152
- Percentage = 99%
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
Winnie the Pooh Sew-along
I haven’t started this yet … so I’m not sure what the schedule will be, but I do plan to start the sew-along on June 8. In the meantime, you can access the pattern HERE. (scroll down the page). There are 3 sizes to choose from. Your choice as to which size you choose. There is also a HONEY quilt you can purchase that has the 4 characters in it. SEW CUTE!!! There are no fabric requirements for the pattern … I will be making the large size and will let you know approximately how much fabric you will need for the faces.
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Tish @ Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- 15 minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- What I Made Monday @ Pretty Piney Quilts
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- Main Crush Monday @ Cooking Up Quilts