Last year, I made 2 quilts using layer cakes. Both were easy patterns, but I like how they turned out quite different.
These were both made with different French General Layer Cakes. One had browns and the other had blues in it. Of course, the different sashing also gives it a different look.
This first one was Anita’s Arrowhead by Anita Grossman Solomon. The technique is a little different, but easy when you follow directions. I only used (40) 10″ squares with this quilt … Yardage was used for the cornerstones and sashing.
And this one is from a youtube video by Sharon Craig called “Layer Em Up.” (42) 10″ squares were used for this one. Grey yardage for the sashing. I added the sashing so that I didn’t have to match seams. (grin)
Island Batik calls their 10″ squares “stacks”. I have a few layer cakes and at least 1 Stack that I’m hoping to use this year. I want to do something different besides the above quilts. Who knows if I’ll design my own quilt or use a different pattern.
What is your favourite pattern using a Stack or Layer Cake?
I was Featured!
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Midweek Makers @ QuiltFabrication
- Wednesday Wait Loss @ Inquiring Quilter
- Happy Needle and Thread @ My Quilt Infatuation
- Andrée / Free Motion Mavericks @ Quilting & Learning – What a combo!
- Can I get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
- Finished or Not Friday @ Alycia Quilts
- Sherry @ Powered by Quilting
- Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty
- Off the Wall Friday @ Creations – Quilts, Art, Whatever
- Peacock Party @ Wendy’s Quilts and More
- TGIFF @ Lisa in Port Hope