The perfect day to stay inside and quilt … or write blog posts!
I have another UFO finish!
This is my Holiday Seclusion Mystery … scrappy Island Batik fabrics (from Stashbuilder bundles) and Island Batik solid grey. Graffiti or Wild quilting was done … lots of different motifs, swirls, feathers, flowers, vines, McTavishing, pebbles … It was SEW fun to quilt! Hobbs fusible batting was used. I LOVE it! No shifting at all. This will be a comfort quilt, so I backed it with a grey flannel … so cosy!
Yes … I made this bigger … However, I started planning the design with 9″ blocks and quickly realized that most people would not want to make a quilt with smallish pieces in such a short time frame. I then switched the pattern to a 12″ block for the mystery. But of course, I didn’t want the work I had done to go to waste, so I just continued piecing the smaller blocks. Same pattern, different size!
For Instructions on the Holiday Seclusion Mystery, see the Holiday Seclusion Mystery tab at the top of my blog HERE.
Disclaimer: The fabric for the top and the batting were provided by Island Batik and Hobbs as part of the Island Batik Ambassador program.
Here are some close-ups of the quilting:
Speaking of finishes … did you see my Island Batik Placemats for the January Island Batik challenge? You can read more about them HERE.
#1 I’m still working on the SAHRR but can’t show you any current pictures. Want to know more about the SAHRR? check it out HERE. We started the reveal of our centre blocks last week. See my centre block and the centre blocks that many others have made HERE! Tomorrow, we’re showing the first round! Be sure to check out all of the bloggers that are co-hosting with me! We’re taking turns hosting and having a linky party … here’s the list:
- January 18: 1st Round: Chris @ Chrisknitssews
- January 25: 2nd Round: Emily @ The Darling Dogwood
- February 1: 3rd Round: Anja @ Anja Quilts
- February 8: 4th Round: Roseanne & Sue @ Home Sewn by Us
- February 15: 5th Round: Wendy @ Pieceful Thoughts of My Quilting Life
- February 22: 6th Round: Susan @ Quilt Fabrication
- February 28: 7th Round ME!!! @ Quilting Gail
#2 I have pulled some fabric for the RSC21 Table Scraps Challenge table runner needs to have a fabric pull! This month the colour is PINK. I’m still not sure what I’m making … but hopefully this pink fabric will inspire me!
#3 I have an idea for my February Island Batik challenge … I’ve got the idea in EQ, but of course, ideas are always subject to change! I hope to start working on it this week!
#4 Moorewood Mystery : Piece Block A. Here they are, laid out and ready to be pieced into blocks!
This Winnie the Pooh panel still needs a bit more quilting. Winnie, Eeyore and the moon need something more. Then I can call it done!
Well, I didn’t even make it through 3 weeks in the year without buying fabric. One of my friends, told me about a sale on backing that was happening … well, I couldn’t resist and I went and bought 9 yards of backing. Good thing I didn’t take my husband with me! That would have been dangerous! The backings are actually stashed away – so no picture! (Sorry!) I’m sure you’ll see it in the near future!
The backing of Holiday Seclusion was from my stash and it used 3 yards.
- Fabric Used this week 3 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 3 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 9 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 9 yards (my husbands amounts as well)
- Net Fabric used – 6 yards
- Husband’s purchases: 0 yards (which are added into my total amount of Fabric added this year). For those of you who don’t know … my husband often buys more fabric than I do … so, I’m keeping track! Unfortunately, he doesn’t sew!
I’m aiming for at least 30 minutes a day.
I have stitched for over 30 minutes each day
- January – 17 / 17
- Percentage = 100 %
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
I’m linking up to Roseanne & Sue’s “TO DO” Tuesday. Their blog is “Home Sewn by Us.”
- Complete at least 1 Round of Stay at Home Round Robin almost done
- Complete Hearts on Fire Quilt √ done
- Complete January Island Batik challenge. √ done
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ done
This week’s list:
- Finish current round of Stay at Home Round Robin
- Finish next round of Stay at Home Round Robin
- Piece Moorewood Mystery Block A
- Make the PINK table topper
- Start cutting for February’s Island Batik Challenge!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
I finished Holiday Seclusion #2. My 2nd UFO of the year! Unfortunately, I know that all my UFOs will not be finished this quickly!
This week is the Hearts on Fire Blog Hop. Here is the list of bloggers that are participating. It promises to be a super fun blog hop!
- Creatin’ in the Sticks
- Life in the Scrapatch
- Freckled Fox Quiltery
- All Thingz Sewn
- Den Syende Himmel
- That Fabric Feeling
- Words & Stitches
- Vroomans Quilts
- Quilt Schmilt
- Cynthia’s Creating Ark
- Songbird Designs
- Selina Quilts
- Stitchin At Home
- Samelia’s Mum
- Just Sew Quilter
- Karrin’s Crazy World
- The Darling Dogwood
- Quilt Fabrication
- Ms P Designs USA
- Becky’s Adventures in Quilting and Travel
- Ridge Top Quilt
- For The Love Of Geese
- Sew Many Yarns
- Quilting Gail
- Just Let Me Quilt
- Karen’s Korner
- Elizabeth Coughlin Designs
- Quilt In A Not-Shell
- Storied Quilts
- Kathy’s Kwilts and More
- Homespun Hannah’s Blog
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Tish @ Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- 15 minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts