Yup, I was distracted from my focus of working on, um … er … 5 quilts at once. And just HAD to start something new.
If you’re not familiar with “Squirrel” when it comes to quilt projects, check out THIS BLOG POST, where I explain it.
I like having various containers to hold things, clips, pieces of blocks, and a zillion other things. I saw the Petit Four Baskets byAnnie. It’s a FREE pattern and you can get it HERE (look under free patterns).
SEW … of course, I HAD to make one (or two) just so that I have more baskets!!!
I started looking through my Island Batik scraps. Voila! In no time at all, I had with 2 pieces of Primo, designed by Ebony Love for one basket and Opalescence (light mauve) paired with a nameless Island Batik fabric in soft pastels with turtles and seahorses on it for the other.
If you have extra 10″ squares, you can use them for this bag!
After, picking out the fabric and cutting what I needed … I was an extremely good girl and re-folded the scraps and put them neatly back where they belong! MIRACLE!!! It was obvious that this squirrel was meant to be!!!
In a very short time, I had my 2 little baskets … aren’t they cute?
The linky party will open in another window. Show us your Finished (or not) project
Island Batik Blog Hop
Have you been following this week’s Create for a Cause blog hop? There are some pretty fantastic quilts!
Check out Island Batik’s blog for a recap of this week’s quilts!
Plus you have an opportunity to win!!!!
You could win one of 2 Fat Quarter Bundles of Citrus Sun! Make sure you enter the rafflecopter …a Rafflecopter giveaway
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Midweek Makers @ QuiltFabrication
- Wednesday Wait Loss @ Inquiring Quilter
- Happy Needle and Thread @ My Quilt Infatuation
- Muv / Free Motion Mavericks @ Lizzie Lenard Vintage Sewing
- Andrée / Free Motion Mavericks @ Quilting & Learning – What a combo!
- Put your Foot Down @ For the Love of Geese
- Can I get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
- Finished or Not Friday @ Alycia Quilts
- Sherry @ Powered by Quilting
- Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty
- Off the Wall Friday @ Creations – Quilts, Art, Whatever
- Peacock Party @ Wendy’s Quilts and More