The word “May” means “is it possible?” As in “May I ____”. However the month, MAY, comes from a Greek goddess of fertility and spring. It made me wonder if I’m going to have a lot of new projects spring forward this month, or if my UFO completion list will increase in numbers? I know, it’s a stretch either way! If you’re curious, you can read more about May HERE.
Island Batik Blog Hop
This week starts the wonderful Quilt Modern Blog Hop. I’ve had a sneak peak of some of quilts and all I can say is “Be prepared to be Amazed!!!”
- Preeti Harris, Sew Preeti Quilts
- Denise Looney, For the Love of Geese
- Brianna Roberts, Sew Cute and Quirky
An opportunity to win some awesome Island Batik Fabric from the Forecast collection: Click on the following link.http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/d463e29d26/
A Quick UFO finish!
This baby panel is now completed and the binding on.
YOUR opinion …
Last week I had a couple of polls asking your opinion on wool mats. Thank you to everyone that completed the polls … The results were very clear. Definitely a 12″ x 18″ mat with rounded corners.
I will let you know when these Canadian made mats are ready.
#1 Follow your own path: I have made the first 4 left facing arrows and the first 4 right facing arrows. I reversed them since I want the shadow (the grey) under the arrows. I’m now double guessing my chose of “Moonstone” as the background. Yes, it’s very pretty, but when cut into small pieces surrounding the arrows, it loses something. Oh well … I shall carry on …
#2 Thailand Batiks Well, I didn’t receive much help from you all as for suggestions as to what to do. I pulled out a bunch of different Island Batiks and decided on the light purple “Lavender” to use to border the blocks. A bit of fudging here and there and the blocks are ready to sew together. I decided to not use the 5th block. You can see more about these hankies HERE.
#1 Speed Dating still needs a facing. “Story-less Improv.”
#2 Born to Be Wild (blog hop later this month) is ready for quilting.
The baby panel (above) used 2 yards of fabrics
- Fabric Used this week 2 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 42 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 9 yards (my husbands amounts as well)
- Net Fabric used 33 yards
- Husband’s purchases: 0 yards (which are added into my total amount of Fabric added this year). For those of you who don’t know … my husband often buys more fabric than I do … so, I’m keeping track! Unfortunately, he doesn’t sew!
I’m aiming for at least 30 minutes a day.
I have stitched for over 30 minutes each day
- January – April– 120 / 120
- May: 2 / 2
- Percentage = 100 %
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
Chris from ChrisKnits is hosting it “To Do” every week. You can check out her blog HERE.
Again, I did not focus on my “To Do” list … but a couple of things got done.
- Focus on the TO DO list not done
- Follow Your Own Path: first arrows √ done
- Healthcare Hero’s Mystery: Make backing not done
- Speed Dating: Add facing not done
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! √ done
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ done
This week’s list:
- Follow Your Own Path: work on next step
- Thailand Batiks: finish top
- Healthcare Hero’s Mystery: Make backing
- Speed Dating: Add facing
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Tish @ Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland
- So Scrappy @ Scrap Happy
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- 15 minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- To-Do Tuesday @ Chris Knits