How are you doing with your PHD in 2021?
Sometimes, people will ask me how I get so much done. I ALWAYS end up telling them the same thing: One stitch at a time. I was quilting yesterday as I thought about this. When I was doing the free motion, the stitches were fast a furious, and when I switched to doing the ruler quilting, the stitches were WAY slower and more methodical. But, in both cases, it was one stitch at a time.
I remember last year, when I was learning to piece curved seams, it was like an epiphany when I realized that curved seams take care and take time. However, when I’m putting binding on a quilt, I’m full speed ahead. But still, it’s one stitch at a time.
When I was working full time, sometimes doing 12 plus hours, plus the commute, I would come home and sew for 15 minutes. That’s all. Just 15 minutes. It’s amazing how much you can accomplish with little bits of time! And yes, it was still one stitch at a time.
SEW … if you are struggling at getting something done: Remember, it’ll get done One Stitch At a Time.
As for me? I’m steadily moving right along! My one UFO finish for April was the “Open House” wall hanging.
Link up and show us your PHD in 2021 Progress.
My Favourite Finish this Month
Was my Island Batik “It’s All Up to You” challenge. You can read more about the challenge quilt HERE.
NEW BLOG HOP
That’s correct, Island Batik ambassadors are bringing you a new blog hop starting Monday! I’ll let you know where to go to see the awesome new fabric collections and the amazing quilts that my fellow ambassadors have made! AND there will be an opportunity to WIN some fabulous fabric!
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Midweek Makers @ QuiltFabrication
- Wednesday Wait Loss @ Inquiring Quilter
- TGIFF @ Kathleen McMusing
- Happy Needle and Thread @ My Quilt Infatuation
- Andrée / Free Motion Mavericks @ Quilting & Learning – What a combo!
- Put your Foot Down @ For the Love of Geese
- Can I get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
- Finished or Not Friday @ Alycia Quilts
- Sherry @ Powered by Quilting
- Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty
- Off the Wall Friday @ Creations – Quilts, Art, Whatever
- Peacock Party @ Wendy’s Quilts and More
- Cheryl @ Meadow Mist Designs