In March, I taught a scrappy Irish Chain class for a Chilliwack guild. Thank you to the guild organizers for having me teach this class via Zoom!
Here’s some pictures of some of the results:
This is Shirley’s quilt. Very scrappy!
And here it is quilted! I like the variety of straight line quilting!
Here is Carol’s and this is what she says: “They are not sewn together yet,as I want to do something in the white blocks. Maybe a hexagon, or Shamrock. ”
And she chose to add some sweet hexis in the centre!
Donna used the blocks to frame a Canada panel. Aren’t her blocks a perfect frame for the panel?
And here it is all quilted:
And, here is Pat’s … all quilted and just needs a label! And, I LOVE the quilting! And the border … probably a lot of the left-over 4 patches all joined together!
Cheree’s is HUGE! 104″ x 104″. A Lot of scraps used here! And I like the border … random coloured blocks!
This is Elaine’s. Don’t you LOVE the quilting?
Charlene’s has black for the neutral … it sure makes the colours pop!
Joyce made her’s into a rectangle …
And finally, one of my scrappy Irish Chains that inspired the class. This quilt was made entirely from other people’s scraps … not a single scrap of my own was in it. It was after making this quilt that I quit diving into garbage cans at sew days and retreats and started to refuse scraps from other people! I need to use up my OWN scraps!
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Midweek Makers @ QuiltFabrication
- Wednesday Wait Loss @ Inquiring Quilter
- Happy Needle and Thread @ My Quilt Infatuation
- Muv / Free Motion Mavericks @ Lizzie Lenard Vintage Sewing
- Andrée / Free Motion Mavericks @ Quilting & Learning – What a combo!
- Put your Foot Down @ For the Love of Geese
- TGIFF @ Pretty Piney
- Can I get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
- Finished or Not Friday @ Alycia Quilts
- Sherry @ Powered by Quilting
- Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty
- Off the Wall Friday @ Creations – Quilts, Art, Whatever
- Peacock Party @ Wendy’s Quilts and More