You know what? Years after you have gifted a baby quilt, it’s lovely to see it actually being used! This was a quilt made with left-over blocks from watching an Eleanor Burns video around 2017. This quilt was gifted to my daughter’s co-worker and they recently sent her this picture! I don’t know about you, but knowing that my quilts are being used makes my heart smile!
Here’s the original quilt … it looks like I did a diagonal serpentine stitch with the walking foot.
Blue Mountain Quilt Guild
Just a shout out! Thank you for having me as your speaker last week! I thoroughly enjoyed your show and tell! And it was fun to show some of my quilts and answer all your questions!
Week 2 of Island Batik “Quilt Modern” Blog Hop
First, here are the blogs to visit this week and at the end is the link for your opportunity to win fabric!
- Megan Best, Bestquilter
- Maryellen McAuliffe, Mary Mack Made Mine
- Jennifer Eubank, Archipelago Quilting
This week you will have the opportunity to win one of the pre-cuts from Glacier Bay. Click on the link below!a Rafflecopter giveaway https://widget-prime.rafflecopter.com/launch.js
#1 Follow your own path:
3 sets of arrows are made!
#2 Thailand Batiks:
I have pieced these together now … they are waiting to be sandwiched.
#1 Speed Dating still needs a facing. “Story-less Improv.”
#2 Born to Be Wild (blog hop later this month) is being quilted and it’s taking forever!!!
Nothing finished … so nothing to add to Fabric Used … and no shopping … so nothing to add to Fabric Bought this week.
- Fabric Used this week 0 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 42 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 9 yards (my husbands amounts as well)
- Net Fabric used 33 yards
- Husband’s purchases: 0 yards (which are added into my total amount of Fabric added this year). For those of you who don’t know … my husband often buys more fabric than I do … so, I’m keeping track! Unfortunately, he doesn’t sew!
I’m aiming for at least 30 minutes a day.
I have stitched for over 30 minutes each day
- January – April– 120 / 120
- May: 9 / 9
- Percentage = 100 %
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
Chris from ChrisKnits is hosting it “To Do” every week. You can check out her blog HERE.
Again, I did not focus on my “To Do” list … but a couple of things got done.
- Follow Your Own Path: work on next step √ done
- Thailand Batiks: finish top √ done
- Healthcare Hero’s Mystery: Make backing not done
- Speed Dating: Add facing not done
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! √ done
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ done
This week’s list:
- Follow Your Own Path: work on next step
- Thailand Batiks: Sandwich top
- Healthcare Hero’s Mystery: Make backing
- Speed Dating: Add facing
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- So Scrappy @ Scrap Happy
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- 15 minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- To-Do Tuesday @ Chris Knits
- Colour Inspiration Tuesday @ Clever Chameleon Quilting