How are you doing with your PHD in 2021?
Are you procrastinating? Is there one project that you are dreading doing? Well, you know you have choices, right?
- You can keep procrastinating, feeling down because that project isn’t getting done, nor is there any progress on it. You can keep wallowing and feeling bad … OR
- You can take that project and just work on one part of it. Sometimes just getting it out of the container is a start. Examine what needs to be done. Break what needs to be done into small steps. Start working on those small steps. … OR
- Give the project away and let someone else finish it!
Sew, what are you going to decide?
I will Follow my own advice!
This project is one that I’ve been procrastinating on for quite a few years … time to get it out of the container!
Examine what needs to be done:
- It needs to become a single bed quilt.
- I will need to cut apart each of the pictures
- Frame them with either burgundy or black
- Sew them together for a flimsy
- Sandwich the flimsy
- Quilt it
- Bind it
OK … that’s a start …
Here’s my tally for May!
Link up and show us your PHD in 2021 Progress.
UFOs finished in May
The UFOs that I finished this month are shown below. Neither project took long to finish and I thoroughly enjoyed the FMQ on both of them!
Finishes in May from Starts in 2021, that I can show you.
My other finish was the Healthcare Heros quilt that I made from a Mystery Quilt pattern. I showed this previously with all the other Healthcare Hero quilts HERE.
And here are some closeups of the quilting. I did “wild” or “graffiti” quilting … anything goes. And I was watching quite a few of Angela Walters FMQ videos and would just practice what she was teaching. As well, I used Silly Moon “Twinkle” rulers and placed stars randomly throughout the quilt.
My Favourite Quilt in May
I really think that my Quilt Modern quilt for the Island Batik Blog Hop is my favourite this month. It was fun to make the free-hand curved quarter circles and the quilting … I loved loved loved doing the quilting! You can see more about this quilt HERE.
Andrée, from Quilting and Learning, featured this quilt!
AND …. if you want to see all of the Quilt Modern quilts from the blog hop, Andi, from True Blue Quilts made a fantastic video and you can see it, just click on the link below! Thanks, Andi!
Rainbow Scrap Table Topper
I made this whimsical large mug rug. Big enough for a cup of coffee and a cookie or two!
#1 Mystery Quilt … coming soon!
#2 June IB project … it’s a secret for now!
#1 Speed Dating still needs a facing. “Story-less Improv.” This NEEDS to get done!!! I NEED to quit procrastinating! I will break it down into individual steps … I will … I will …
The healthcare heros quilt used 12 yards of fabric.
- Fabric Used this week 12 yard
- Fabric Used this year: 58 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 24 yards (my husbands amounts as well)
- Net Fabric used 34 yards
- Husband’s purchases: 0 yards (which are added into my total amount of Fabric added this year). For those of you who don’t know … my husband often buys more fabric than I do … so, I’m keeping track! Unfortunately, he doesn’t sew!
I’m aiming for at least 30 minutes a day.
I have stitched for over 30 minutes each day
- January – April– 120 / 120
- May: 30 / 30
- Percentage = 100 %
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
Chris from ChrisKnits is hosting it “To Do” every week. You can check out her blog HERE.
- Follow Your Own Path: finish quilting and bind … partially done
- Healthcare Hero’s Mystery: Start Quilting …. quilted and bound √ done
- Speed Dating: Add facing not done
- Bunny Fat Quarters: put quilt together and start writing the pattern … √ done
- Red Scraps Tablerunner: √ done
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! √ done
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ done
This week’s list:
- Follow Your Own Path: bind
- SPEED DATING: ADD FACING GAIL: QUIT PROCRASTINATING!!!
- Bunny Fat Quarters: finish writing the pattern
- June IB project: finish
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Tish @ Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland
- So Scrappy @ Scrap Happy
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- 15 minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- To-Do Tuesday @ Chris Knits