Today is Thanksgiving Day in Canada. Both of our kids have gone to the US to see a football game. So, for me, it’s a great excuse to NOT cook a turkey dinner! PLUS, we are going into Vancouver to have lunch with our nephew, niece and great nephew! Looking forward to this special time!
My Cousins’ Visit
My cousins, Connie and Paul have been visiting for the last few days. It’s been a LOT of fun. Last week when we were on Vancouver Island, we had an unexpected meeting with them. They were coming out of the Coombs store with ice cream cones and we were just heading to the store to buy some! It was such fun!
The fun continued once they made it to the mainland. We went to the Granville Island and of course Connie and I had to visit the Cloth Shop! I was good and only bought some stabilizer. (you don’t need to see a picture of stabilizer!) Then we took the Aqua bus and toured False Creek. Then, we just happened to drive by “Dress Sew” and we gals popped in for a few minutes to have a look! We couldn’t resist the sale items!
The next day was a trip to Dinkydoo fabrics and I did 2 yards worth of damage. This fabric was on sale … and who can resist the sewing themed fabrics? I obviously couldn’t!
This was followed by a walk at Redwood Park and at Crescent Beach to watch the sunset. (Photo credit to Connie!)
I will be teaching several classes at Essem in November. You can register for them HERE.
Kate, from Life in Pieces, is hosting “Stitching Stuff” and the goal is to sew for at least 15 minutes a day. I use Kate’s guideline, but my personal goal is to sew for 30 minutes a day. On those “blah” days, it does motivate me to sit at my machine and 30 minutes often turns into several hours. Thank you Kate for the motivation!
With company here, very little stitching happened!
- January – September: 234 / 272
- Oct : 4 / 9
- Total: 238 / 283
- Percentage = 84%
Donna at Quilt Paint Create hosts a weekly linky party where you can display your stash numbers. This has really kept my stash from growing (somewhat!) Before I buy anything, I am always mindful of the fact that I need to report it on my blog … That sometimes stops me in my tracks!
- Fabric Used since the last report 0 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 77 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 2 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 20 yards
- Net Fabric used: 57 yards
Linda from Texas Quilt Gal is hosting “To Do” every week.
The To Do list from several weeks ago:
- Finish Secret Quilt not DONE
- Winter Branches table runner – if I finish Secret Quilt, I’ll work on this! not DONE
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder! √ DONE
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes not DONE
This week’s list:
- Finish Secret Quilt (I have quilting and binding to do)
- Winter Branches table runner – if I finish Secret Quilt, I’ll work on this!
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
Donna, at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts, hosts a linky party for “What’s on your Design Wall” every week.
Secret Quilt …
Current and Upcoming Blog Hops
Creatin’ in the Sticks: Music Blog hop
Here are the links to the various PINKtober blogs:
|Date||Who||Collection||Where to find them|
|Monday, October 3||Jennifer Thomas||Positively Pink||https://curlicuecreations.blogspot.com/|
|Tuesday, October 4||Lisa Pickering||Hope and Heart||lisascompassion.wordpress.com|
|Thursday, October 6th||Maryellen McAuliffe||Positively Pink||https://www.marymackmademine.com|
|Monday, October 10||Emily Leachman||Positively Pink||http://thedarlingdogwood.blogspot.com|
|Tuesday, October 11||Jane Hauprich||Positively Pink||www.stitchbystitchcustomquilting.com|
|Wednesday, October 12||Marlene Oddie||Positively Pink||www.kissedquilts.com|
|Thursday, October 13||Gail Sheppard||Positively Pink||https://quiltinggail.com|
Friday , October 14
|Jerry Stube||Hope and Heart||https://www.facebook.com/TheQuiltersQuarter|
|Monday, October 17||Brianna Roberts||Hope And Heart||https://www.quirkyb.com/blog|
|Tuesday, October 18||Terri Vanden-Bosch||Hope And Heart||https://lizardcreekquilting.com/|
|Wednesday, October 19||Mania Hatziioannidi||Hope And Heart||www.maniaforquilts.com|
|Thursday, October 20||Laura Piland||Hope And Heart||https://www.sliceofpiquilts.com/|
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- So Scrappy @ Scrap Happy
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
- 15 Minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- Sew and Tell @ Melva Loves Scraps
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- Monday This and That @ Days Filled With Joy
- To-Do Tuesday @ Texas Quilt Gal