A New Project!
Oh ya!!! I started ANOTHER new project. When my cousin, Connie and I were shopping at the Cloth Shop, we saw these super nifty bowls. I fell in love!!! However, they did not have the pattern in stock. But a couple of weeks later, I was at Chitterchatter fabrics and they had the pattern. Of course I had to buy it! There are 7 different sizes included in the pattern. The pattern is “Goodness Bowl” by Jean Paccagnan. There is even a great youtube video to go with the pattern! And BONUS: Jean Paccagnan is a local designer!!!
I know it’s English Paper Piecing, but if I only sew for about 10 minutes a day, I’ll eventually get it done!
I decided to use some beautiful blue scraps of Island Batik fabric.
Did you see these?
I finished these stockings for Island Batik’s November challenge: Creative Christmas Stockings! You can read about them HERE.
The Mystery Quilt has started!
This is a super simple mystery quilt! It is my own design. I designed it for the Boundary Bay Quilt Guild, but I’m going to be sharing it with YOU as well!
This quilt will finish at 43″ x 53″
There are 8 clues. They will all come out on Tuesdays, starting October 18.
- Oct 18: Clue #1: Fabric Requirements and Cutting HERE
- Oct 25: Clue #2 HERE
- Nov 1: Clue #3 HERE
- Nov 8: Clue #4 This POST
- Nov 15: Clue #5
- Nov 22: Clue #6
- Nov 29: Clue #7
- Dec 6: Clue #8
- Dec 13: Mystery Quilt Parade
I will be teaching several classes at Essem in November. You can register for them HERE. This Wednesday will be Travel Posts (the quilt on the left)
Kate, from Life in Pieces, is hosting “Stitching Stuff” and the goal is to sew for at least 15 minutes a day. I use Kate’s guideline, but my personal goal is to sew for 30 minutes a day. On those “blah” days, it does motivate me to sit at my machine and 30 minutes often turns into several hours. Thank you Kate for the motivation!
Lots of stitching in the past week!
- January – October: 258 / 303
- Nov: 13 /13
- Total: 271 / 317
- Percentage = 85%
Donna at Quilt Paint Create hosts a weekly linky party where you can display your stash numbers. This has really kept my stash from growing (somewhat!) Before I buy anything, I am always mindful of the fact that I need to report it on my blog … That sometimes stops me in my tracks!
No shopping, no finishes. Well, actually, I finished the stockings – but since it’s made with Island Batik fabrics, I don’t count it.
- Fabric Used since the last report 0 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 84.5 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 23.5 yards
- Net Fabric used: 62.5 yards
Linda from Texas Quilt Gal is hosting “To Do” every week.
The To Do list from last week:
- Work on and Finish a UFO (a wallet)not DONE
- Make the project for the Music Blog Hop √ DONE
- Quilt the IB December project – just binding to do!
- Work on Melodic Mystery Quilt – and fix all the mistakes! November done – mistakes not fixed
- Finish IB November project DONE – and blog post HERE. (stockings seen above)
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder! √ DONE
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ DONE
This week’s list:
- Work on and Finish a UFO (a wallet)
- Work on Melodic Mystery Quilt – and fix all the mistakes!
- Work on Spicy BOM: web and possibly quilt it.
- Get Travel Posts ready for the class on Wednesday!
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
Donna, at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts, hosts a linky party for “What’s on your Design Wall” every week.
- Melodic Mystery Quilt: November clue is done … but I still haven’t fixed my previous mistakes. It’s not too late to start … the clues are at Meadow Mist Designs.
- Spicy BOM: web the quilt
- Travel Posts: for class this week
- UFO (a wallet)
Upcoming Blog Hop
Creatin’ in the Sticks: Music Blog hop – I’m scheduled for Thursday!
Island Batik‘s December’s Lone Star Blog Hop
If you want to buy a useful gift for yourself or a quilting friend, check out The Quilt Keeper.
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- So Scrappy @ Scrap Happy
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
- 15 Minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- Sew and Tell @ Melva Loves Scraps
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- Monday This and That @ Days Filled With Joy
- To-Do Tuesday @ Texas Quilt Gal