I’ve been busy, but don’t have much to show for it!
I’m going to a 4 day retreat tomorrow and hope to get a LOT done! Well … you know how that goes … I take a dozen projects to work on and finish one or 2! LOL!!!
Here’s my list of what I’m taking:
- Birds panel (ufo)
- Wallet #1 (ufo)
- Wallet #2 (ufo)
- Colour BOM (ufo)
- MSQ wall hanging (Quilt More, Worry Less)
- Shades of Blue project
- Nutcracker and Inktense pencils
Kate, from Life in Pieces, is hosting “Stitching Stuff” and the goal is to sew for at least 15 minutes a day. I use Kate’s guideline, but my personal goal is to sew for 30 minutes a day. On those “blah” days, it does motivate me to sit at my machine and 30 minutes often turns into several hours. Thank you Kate for the motivation!
- Total: 318 / 365
- Percentage = 87%
- January: 8 / 8
- Percentage: 100%
Donna at Quilt Paint Create hosts a weekly linky party where you can display your stash numbers. This has really kept my stash from growing (somewhat!) Before I buy anything, I am always mindful of the fact that I need to report it on my blog … That sometimes stops me in my tracks!
In 2022, I used a net total of 76.5 yards of fabric.
- Fabric Used since the last report 0 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 109.5 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 33 yards
- Net Fabric used: 76.5 yards
In 2023, I haven’t finished any projects, so haven’t used any fabric, but I haven’t bought any either!
To Do Tuesday
Carol from Quilt Schmilt is now hosting “To Do” every week.
The To Do list from a last week:
- Start Clue #6 Chilhowie. √ DONE
- Classic Cars Colour Challenge BOM – May / June √ DONE
- Re-do Nutcracker. … when I went to start colouring the Nutcracker, I realized that many of the black lines had run … well, duh, Helen said to use UNWASHED calico … and Batik has been washed a zillion times … √ DONE
- Work on Naturescape Lone Star. √ DONE
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder! √ DONE
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ DONE
This week’s list:
- Start Clue #7 Chilhowie
- Classic Cars Colour Challenge BOM – July / Aug
- Start colouring Nutcracker.
- Work on Naturescape Lone Star
- Start Island Batik February project.
- Pack for retreat!
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
Judy, at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts, hosts a linky party for “What’s on your Design Wall” every week. Piecing:
- Classic Cars Colour Challenge BOM
- Chilhowie – Clue #7, sashing and borders
- Naturescape Lone Star …. after making the Lone Star for the December Island Batik challenge, I fell in LOVE with Lone Stars!!! I just happened to have an Island Batik 2 1/2” strip pack of Naturescape with coordinating green and so I started sewing and cutting! Yes, there is a LOT of matching of seams … every. single. one. But the end result is great – even if I can’t sew at 100 miles an hour!
Nothing … I need to colour the Nutcracker before I can start quilting!
And maybe I’ll get the Naturescape Lone Star top ready for sandwhiching …
And maybe I’ll get Chilhowie to the flimsy stage!
Upcoming Blog Hops
Creatin’ in the Sticks: Sew It – Show It: Shades of Blue (January)
Moose Stash Quilting: Sew It – Show It: Sweet on You (February)
Island Batik: February Blog Hop!
Just Let Me Quilt: Little Green Apples (March)
Plans for 2023
There are a few things I’m planning for 2023. More details in the coming weeks.
- PHD in 2023 – come and join us! It’s a great way to decrease your UFOs!
- 2023 SAHRR – starts January 16!!! In just over a week!! And we have some fantastic sponsors!
- 2023 Appliqué BOM (I bet this surprises a LOT of people!) – This will start later in January … I’m still working out the details!
- Winter 2023 Mystery Quilt – probably start in February or early March
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- So Scrappy @ Scrap Happy
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
- 15 Minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- Sew and Tell @ Melva Loves Scraps
- Monday Musings @ Songbird Designs
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- Monday This and That @ Days Filled With Joy
- To-Do Tuesday @ Quilt Schmilt