If you need more information on the SAHRR … you can go to THIS POST.
For the Center Block see This post
Roseanne & Sue @ Home Sewn by Us have chosen Spools for the first round! I must admit that I don’t think I’ve ever made a spool block before!
I continued to use Island Batik fabrics from the Baby Bloomers collection (by Kathy Engle for Karen Overton).
Now, you Need to go to the co-hosts blogs and see their first rounds! Their links are in the schedule below.
- January 23: 1st Round: Roseanne & Sue @ Home Sewn by Us
- January 30 : 2nd Round: Wendy @ Pieceful Thoughts of My Quilting Life
- February 6: 3rd Round: Chris @ Chrisknitssews
- February 13: 4th Round: Anja @ Anja Quilts
- February 20: 5th Round: Emily @ The Darling Dogwood
- February 27: 6th Round: ME!!! @ Quilting Gail
- March 13: Parade – showing all of your finished SAHRRs!
How I made my spool blocks
The half square triangles are tiny … they finish at 1″ …. so they are 1 1/2” unfinished … the blocks below the top HST are 1 1/2” square, unfinished and the center column is 1 1/2” x 3 1/2” unfinished … the whole block will finish at 3″ …
Roseanne & Sue @ Home Sewn by Us will have a linky party so you can see everyone’s 1st Round!
More Centre Blocks
Some people are participating in the SAHRR, but don’t do social media … so I and another hosting blogger are posting their blocks for them … It’ll be fun to see how these blocks grow into their own quilts!
This is Charlene’s … Winter Wonderland
Here’s Heather’s …
This is Sarah from Franklin, TN.
Wendy @ Pieceful Thoughts of My Quilting Life will tell us what to do. Are you following her blog?
Relax … this is easy … and it’s only one round each week!
Our Wonderful Sponsors
Here’s a list of the sponsors and their generous gifts!
- Island Batik 3 fat quarter bundles
- Hobbs batting Queen Size Wool Batt
- Aurifil Thread Colour Builder: (3) 50 wt Milan Grey spools
- Prairie Spirit Alpacas 12″ x 18″ Alpaca /Wool pressing mat
- Oliso Mini Iron
- Fat Quarter Shop $25 gift certificate
- The Quiltery – For the Love of Geese – a pattern of your choice
- and MORE!!!!