H A P P Y H A L L O W E E N !
OK…. Sew today is the last day of October … Halloween! That means that I need to report on my PHD in 2018 and the progress of those that joined in the fun!
Hmmm, I’m not thoroughly impressed with what I got finished in October. But I did finish 2 projects that were started in 2018 (Wonky Logs and Giraffe) … and 2 more are in progress … When they are done, I will focus on the UFOs left.
When I look at the chart above, I am actually very thrilled with the fact that except for Fireburst, I have completed every single 2018 start!!! (And Fireburst is ALMOST done!)
Still, I have 4 UFOs to complete! Hopefully they will be done on time!
Here’s how other participants in PHD in 2018 are doing:
- Deena from Dreamworthy Quilts has been progressing nicely! She started off with 10 UFOs, all but 2 are completed. And of her 2018 starts – she has 3 left to complete! Wonderful progress! See here report HERE.
- Terry, my cousin in Ontario has had a lot going on in her life. In her Oct 14 post, she said “Life took a turn in July.” And, I know it took another turn in late October, and we got to see each other for hugs and a quilty chat. She is courageously moving forward and has almost reached her goals!
- Kate from “Life in Pieces” is doing well with her 15 minutes of stitching a day! She’s maintaining an over 94% average! Way to go Kate! She’s also working on the cutest Christmas mystery quilt from her LQS – go check out her blog.
- Ann from “Laughing Gas Quilts” has finished her first quilt! Well, she’s made a LOT of quilts, but her first quilt is finally finished! You can read about it HERE. And what do you think? Is it a baby quilt?
- Emily from “the Darling Dogwood” recently made a Happy Birthday Banner! The pattern for the cake came from a magazine from 2000. I think that should be considered a UFO finish, don’t you? (grin)
- Roseanne, from “Home Sewn By US” finished her Las Vegas Leaves quilt that has been 20 years in the making! Isn’t it a great feeling to finish off those OLD UFOs?
- Elizabeth, from “Appliqué and …. knitting, stitchery, genealogy, food” has been pretty quiet in blog-land, so I’m not sure what’s happening with her PHD.
- Terry, my cousin from Ontario, hasn’t posted for awhile. I know she’s had a LOT going on in her life, so I’ll give her leeway for now! Her blog is TLC Quilts: Sew What’s Next?
- Susan, from California, is following along by Instagram. Go to her Instagram page to see her finishes.
PHD in 2019?
Several people have asked if I will be doing this again next year! The answer is YES!!! I’ve tackled a LOT of UFOs this year and have almost finished each and every start. I still have a LOT of UFOs left … 36 according to my Excel spreadsheet – but that doesn’t include the 4 that I found recently … which brings that total up to 40. UGGG … that’s still toooooo many UFOs.
I have enjoyed the challenge of finishing every single project that I started in 2018! I haven’t added to the UFO list that way. I know that there are a few of them that wouldn’t have gotten finished and there was probably a lot of other projects I would have liked to have started. For example Sandra from mmm! Quilts has a fun thing Linky party happening, it’s called “DRop Everything And Make It” (DREAMI) Oh SEW tempting!!! But not happening! 🙂
New Bonnie Hunter Mystery
It’s called Good Fortune. The colour clues are out … blue, green, red, orange, and neutral. The orange will use the most fabric … I don’t know if I will follow her colours or not … I have a few weeks to decide and will let you know my progress as I go along. And, just for the record, this start will not be finished in 2018, (impossible to do so) and will be added to my 2019 UFO list.
I just went to find my colour wheel – it helps me when I’m choosing alternative colours … but I’ve lent it to someone and can’t remember who?
If you want to join in the mystery – do so! But, you don’t have to follow everything to the letter! A friend of mine, Diane L, usually does ½ of the clues and ends up with a lovely lap sized quilt. Joining in on Bonnie’s mysteries is an awesome way to get tips and hints of how to do your quilting better! That’s part of why I LOVE them!
- WIPs on Wednesday @ Esther Quilt Blog
- Let’s Bee Social @ Sew Fresh Quilts
- Midweek Makers @ QuiltFabrication