As I move into my new sewing room, my hubby knew I wanted a design wall against one wall at the end of the room.
It’s an outdoor shade awning that rolls up. You can see the mechanism that rolls it up on the right. My husband has attached it to a “thingies” at the bottom, so that it is stiff. I need to release the “thingies” in order to roll it up. That’s not going to happen very often.
I took a queen size flannel sheet that I have been using on a bed for my design bed. I serged the edges and removed the brown stripes. We laid the awning out on the living room floor and used 505 spray on the back of the flannel sheet. Then the sheet was smoothed into place. I used little quilting safety pins to pin the top (about 3″ apart), the sides and bottom (about 6″ apart). We made sure that the pins were horizontal so that it would “flow” nicely as it was rolled up. The final step was to spray the top with 505 so that the block pieces would stick.
My husband then hung the design wall from the ceiling.
The blocks on the design wall are the first 12 of the 52 block in 52 weeks. They are 6″ blocks. I t
hink know I’m WAY behind in my blocks! I will catch up one of these days. I hope!
Beat the Heat Blog Hop
Click on BEAT THE HEAT BLOG HOP to go to the Island Batik site and check out the schedule for this week.
You have a chance to win “Garden Party” this week. Isn’t it a pertty rainbow of colour?Click HERE for your chance to win.
Working on one block of the 52 blocks in 52 weeks. Nothing else is happening as I’m sorting through and organizing my sewing room.
Nothing finished, nothing added.
- Fabric Used this week 0 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 121.6 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 57.05
- Net Fabric used 66,55
- Husband’s Purchases 9.5
- January – July: 178 out of 201
- August: 3 out of 6
- Year-to-date: 181 out of 207 = 87%
(Reminder, I’m only counting days that I’m home.)
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
No changes here!
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Wednesday Wait Loss @ Inquiring Quilter
- Muv / Free Motion Mavericks @ Lizzie Lenard Vintage Sewing
- Put your Foot Down @ For the Love of Geese
- Can I get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
- Finished or Not Friday @ Busy Hands Quilts
- Sherry @ Powered by Quilting
- Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty
- Tish @ Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland
- So Scrappy Saturdays @ So Scrappy
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- Moving it Forward Monday @ Em’s Scrapbag
- Main Crush Monday @ Cooking up Quilts