I’ve been dreaming, drooling, admiring and wanting to make this cute table topper from Vicki’s Crafts and Quilting!
And I needed a new table runner for my coffee table … it was time for the pumpkins to be retired for the year. What’s a gal to do … it was obvious … it started easily with pulling fabric … and then it sat for a day … and then I started to make the first cut … and then the second cut … and before I knew it, it was almost done … SEW then I had to finish! And finish I did!
It’s a pretty simple table runner to make. I used Island Batik fabrics … SEW fun. One friend, Emily, made this topper for her door. She used an Accuquilt train die to cut out the black circles. See HERE. I cut the eyes out the old fashion way. If I had been thinking straight, I would have used my Artistic cutter and had my embroidery machine do the applique. I obviously wasn’t thinking straight!
I didn’t make the pattern exactly as directed. I wanted it to fit on our coffee table, so I added a 12″ panel in the middle. And to balance the runner, I used the 4th snowman! It fits the coffee table perfectly!
I used an Aurifil thread (# 2600) to do the straight lines in the light blue and Aurifil monofilament (smoke) to do a meander in the dark blue.
And, also in my defence, I needed to take a break from quilting Smith Mountain Morning.
SEW … if you want to make one (and you have time) wander over to Vicki’s blog and follow her directions!
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Midweek Makers @ QuiltFabrication
- Wednesday Wait Loss @ Inquiring Quilter
- Happy Needle and Thread @ My Quilt Infatuation
- Muv / Free Motion Mavericks @ Lizzie Lenard Vintage Sewing
- Andrée / Free Motion Mavericks @ Quilting & Learning – What a combo!
- Put your Foot Down @ For the Love of Geese
- My Bijou Life @ Creative Compulsions
- Can I get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
- Finished or Not Friday @ Alycia Quilts
- Sherry @ Powered by Quilting
- Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty
- Off the Wall Friday @ Creations – Quilts, Art, Whatever
- Peacock Party @ Wendy’s Quilts and More
- TGIFF @ Madame Tailor