Nothing too exciting this week. I did finish my April Island Batik challenge … but of course, I can’t show you until April.
How am I?
I’m feeling a bit unfocused! The other day, I sewed for about 10 minutes and then I HAD to organize my zippers [i don’t know why – i’ve never done so before]… Then I sewed for about 5 minutes and then I HAD to tidy up a box of fabic [OK … it was a huge mess and needed to be cleaned up] … Then I sewed for about 3 minutes and then HAD to sweep the floor and gather the dust bunnies … Then, it was time for a break … Sigh … but the zippers are still organized, as is the box I tidied … but the dust bunnies escaped and multiplied and are taking over!!!! Thankfully, this is from the floor and not from inside a sewing machine!!! And this is just today’s bounty … and I did sweep yesterday as well!
ANYHOW … enough of my First World Problem! On to quilting!
Donation Quilt: On Facebook, I challenged the guild members to make a donation quilt by next Friday … the inspiration for this came from the cancelled Baby Quilt Kit Making day that had been scheduled for Saturday. There are a few that have taken up the challenge, and some are almost finished! Me? Well, I haven’t even started. Do I make a quick baby quilt? Finish a flimsy for donation? I’m un-decided … but I better make up my mind soon, eh?
Frolic: One border is done on 1 side …
10 blocks completed this week … the picture on the left is not from this week … I have a sneaking suspicion that I will be making more than one quilt from these blocks.
Stay at Home Round Robin: The 2nd row (piano keys) is on and you can read about it / watch the video about it HERE. And, below is a picture of the 2 quilts with their piano key borders on.
No quilting happening right now.
I’m linking up to Roseanne & Sue’s “TO DO” Tuesday. Their blog is “Home Sewn by Us.”
Last week’s list:
- Round Robin: add the next borders √ done
- (Maybe) finish quilting April Island Batik √ done
- Make Elvira into a flimsy √ done
- Summer Solstice: Complete next step NOT DONE
- Frolic: get the borders on!!!! only side of one border on
This week’s list:
- Round Robin: add the next borders
- Donation Quilt: ???
- Sandwich Elvira #1 & #2 (need to piece the backing)
- Frolic: get the borders on!!!!
An Island Batik project was completed … but that’s not counted in my stash.
- Fabric Used this week 0 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 66.5 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 9.5
- Net Fabric used 57.75
- Husband’s Purchases 0
I’m aiming for at least 15 minutes / day. Even with a sore back, I’m managing 15 minutes a day …
- 15 minute days: January – Feb 59 / 60
- 15 min days/ March = 29/29
- Total days in 2020: 88/89
- Percentage = 98%
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
Another Blog Hop this week!
I’ll be posting on April 2 … so stay tuned!
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Main Crush Monday @ Cooking Up Quilts
- What I Made Monday @ Pretty Piney Quilts
- Stitchin’ Time @ Life in Pieces
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- To-Do Tuesday @ Home Sewn By Us
- Colour Inspiration Tuesday @ Clever Chameleon Quilting