Here is the blue Round Robin with the stars added. I used the AccuQuilt 8″ Qube dies #2 and #5 to cut them out. It took me less than an hour … and that was with bits and pieces and scraps of the fabrics. Hopefully in the coming week(s?), I will get this sandwhiched and the binding on.
Here is the purple round robin. I had a limited amount of space left for the stars, so I had to make them smaller (4.5″ square). I wasn’t able to use the Accuquilt for them (only because I don’t have the appropriate size dies). It took me over 3 hours to cut these out. What a difference from using the Accuquilt! I was already “sold” on using the Accuquilt for curved pieces and the Block on Board, but this really illustrated to me how time saving it is for regular squares and triangles!
On the purple quilt, I just quilted Stitch in the Ditch along the seams of the stars. I contemplated outlining the stars, but since I wanted to only use the walking foot to quilt this quilt, I didn’t want to be turning the quilt a zillion times. It would have been a breeze if I did free motion, but I was determined to just use the walking foot!
I didn’t have time to bind the purple quilt. Hopefully, that will happen this week and I can show you the final quilt(s) next week!
Fun Facts about the quilts:
All fabrics were given to me by Island Batik. As an ambassador, I was also given Aurifil thread, Hobbs batting, the AccuQuilt dies and Schmetz needles from each of the industry sponsers. Thank you!
For both quilts, I used Aurifil thread for piecing.
For the purple quilt: I used #2515 for quilting and, I used Hobbs batting 80/20 (scraps joined together).
The Accuquilt Cube 8″ dies were used, when appropriate.
Blue is approximately 48″ square. Purple is approximately 42″ square.
Is actually quilting and binding your quilt. We don’t want to have any more UFOs – right? If you did a quilt-as-you-go (like the purple one), it should be a matter of trimming the quilt and applying the binding.
Here is a Linky Party for you to show off your work! You have a few options for posting … you can post a link to your blog, a link to your Instagram or a link to a Pinterest page.
I was Featured!
#2 For the love of geese also featured a Round Robin Quilt
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Midweek Makers @ QuiltFabrication
- Wednesday Wait Loss @ Inquiring Quilter
- Happy Needle and Thread @ My Quilt Infatuation
- Put your Foot Down @ For the Love of Geese
- Andrée / Free Motion Mavericks @ Quilting & Learning – What a combo!
- Muv / Free Motion Mavericks @ Lizzie Lenard Vintage Sewing
- TGIFF @ Kathleen McMusing
- Off the Wall Friday @ Creations – Quilts, Art, Whatever
- Sherry @ Powered by Quilting
- Can I get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
- Finished or Not Friday @ Alycia Quilts
- Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty
- Peacock Party @ Wendy’s Quilts and More