Yes, Another UFO Finish!
Frolic is finished! Borders on, label on, quilted and binding! Done Done DONE!!! It usually takes me 4-5 days to quilt a full sized Bonnie Hunter quilt, but with my new machine (Janome M7), the quilting was done in less than 2 days! Those extra stiches / minute really do make a HUGE difference!!!
I’m loving how using mostly whites for the neutrals, along with the colours make for a nice cheery summer quilt! This will be on a bed as soon as it’s washed!
The batting is Hobbs 80/20. For quilting, I did a large swirl, with echoed flower petals around it. I was amazed at how this pattern caught all of the 1″ squares quite nicely! A light grey CanSew thread was used for the quilting.
Stay at Home Round Robin: squares … were added this week. I’m loving the Island Batik fabrics!
Masks: More made, but no picture …
Just finished Frolic – as above!
I’m linking up to Roseanne & Sue’s “TO DO” Tuesday. Their blog is “Home Sewn by Us.”
Last week’s list:
- Finish up a UFO … Actually finished 2!!! Frolic (above) and Fr.Gen #2 √ done
- Round Robin: add the next borders √ done
- Masks: Make some more √ done
This week’s list:
- Round Robin: add the last borders: maybe finish the purple one since it’s a quilt-as-you-go.
- Masks: being made as leaders & enders … pull out the serger and serge the ties.
- Scrappy 4 patch 2″: Quilt
Frolic used 17½ yards (12 ½ for the top & 5 for the backing)
French General #2 used 10 yards
I didn’t include the fabric used for masks … I figure about 6 masks / yard … with ties … so 3 yards of fabric .
- Fabric Used this week 30.5 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 120 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 9.5
- Net Fabric used 110.5 yards
- Husband’s Purchases 0
I am aiming for 30 minutes/day – at least!
- 15 minute days: January – Mar. 90/91
- 15 min days/ April= 19/19
- Total days in 2020: 119/120
- Percentage = 99%
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
2 UFOs completed this week!! WHOO HOO!!!
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- Stitchin’ Time @ Life in Pieces
- What I Made Monday @ Pretty Piney Quilts
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Main Crush Monday @ Cooking Up Quilts
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- To-Do Tuesday @ Home Sewn By Us
- Colour Inspiration Tuesday @ Clever Chameleon Quilting