Winnie the Pooh Quilt Along
… appears to be moving along smoothly. I haven’t had any requests as to “how do I do this?” And that tells me that the instructions are understandable! I didn’t have any trouble following them, so I’m hoping that everyone else is finding the same thing!
I want to keep my other posts separate from the Winnie posts, so that’s why you’re getting 2 posts today!
I have a finish
This was my #22 of the 2020 Start … and it’s now finished … Yes, I know, the binding in the top left corner is not finished. It’s where I will put the label when I know the baby’s details. It’s quilted with stars and loops … I started out to do 5 point stars, but many of them are 6 point … oh well, who’s counting?
This quilt, although it took me several weeks to make (because I was doing a ton of other things) is actually a quick quilt to make. The HST started out as 7″ squares. Were sewn down ¼” from the centre on both sides and trimmed to 6½”. They finish at 6″ in the quilt.
- This quilt is 48″ x 60″
- Hobbs 80/20 batting
- Glide “Sterling” for the quilting, Aurifil #2000 for the binding
Tidying and Cleaning
I have a horrible habit of starting another project just as one project is finishing, or almost finished or is partly done. And, consequently, NOTHING gets put away or tidied up. Those of you that know me are nodding your heads and thinking “She is telling the truth!! A recent conversation on my guild’s Facebook page talked about setting our phone alarms to remind us to clean up our sewing rooms. I jokingly said that if I set my alarm to clean up, I’d likely ignore it and my room wouldn’t be tidied. Well, the state of my sewing room and I had a clash this week. It was SOOOOO bad, it was really bad … This picture is just a small corner of my sewing desk (2 containers – materials for the retreat bag, left-over backing, left-over border fabric, scraps … and who knows what else was hidden in there? Anyhow, I spent 2 hours tidying and vacuuming and dusting and putting fabric away. What a difference it made … and I think I was able to work better afterwards! SEW … you can see on my To Do list below, that I aim to work on my sewing room each week!
SEW … what do you do when Quilt Canada is cancelled?
My sister and 2 cousins were all planning to go to Quilt Canada together, which was scheduled for later this week. We also decided it would be fun do a project together and decided on the Retreat Bag. This is a free bag from Emmaline Bags. We live in different communities in Canada and can’t be together. (Ontario, Albera and B.C.) So, we will be making this bag together with a few Zoom meetings during the day! (Doesn’t it sound like fun?)
Winner of Some of my Fabric
Way back in May, I offered some of the fabric that was left-over from the Island Batik Home Decor Blog Hop. See HERE. I used a random generator and Delaine of Onoway Alberta was chosen. She quickly sent me her address and within a couple of weeks (yes, the post is s-l-o-w) she let me know that she had received the fabric!
I’m piecing binding for the Stitchin Sunshine quilt. I will show you my quilt during the Blog Hop that starts on June 22. (Just a week away!
The Quilt for the Stitching Sunshine is sandwiched and about to be quilted.
The quilt above used 4 yards (or more) … and I did go shopping for backing for a few quilts … I bought 10.5 yards of fabric … so that adds to the total.
- Fabric Used this week 4 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 181.5 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 10.5 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 20
- Net Fabric used 161.5 yards
I am aiming for 30 minutes/day – at least! I switched from 15 minutes / day to 30 minutes/day in April!
- 15 minute days: January – May: 151 / 152
- 30 min days/ June: 14 / 14
- Total days in 2020: 165/ 166
- Percentage = 99%
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
I’m linking up to Roseanne & Sue’s “TO DO” Tuesday. Their blog is “Home Sewn by Us.”
Last week’s list:
- Work on Winnie the Pooh √ It’s not done, but it’s well on it’s way!
- Finish “Stitching Sunshine” project √ done
- Pick a UFO to work on … and work on it NOT done
This week’s list:
- Finish Winnie the Pooh
- Finish “Stitching Sunshine”
- Prepare materials and make “Retreat” Bag.
- Spend at least 30 minutes this week CLEANING/ TIDYING my sewing room.
No new starts since last week. #22 of Starts in 2020 is done!
How are you doing with your PHD in 2020?
Here’s a Linky Party for you to join in and share your mid-June Progress
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Tish @ Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- 15 minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- What I Made Monday @ Pretty Piney Quilts
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- Main Crush Monday @ Cooking Up Quilts
- To-Do Tuesday @ Home Sewn By Us
- Colour Inspiration Tuesday @ Clever Chameleon Quilting