You can see all the details HERE.
In our first box for 2020, I received 2 yards of a beautiful batik! I made this comfy top from an OLD pattern from the ’90s.
Project #3, 4 & 5
I’ve been learning how to digitize various patterns for my embroidery machine. I’m using Artistic Digitizer by Janome. It’s a learning curve, but I’m loving it!
Recently, we were shown how to digitize an “In the Hoop Zipper Pouch.” The top 2 were made from a program developed during the class. The embroidery on the left was from a free pattern from Embroidery Library called “Delicate Magnolia.” On the bottom, I attempted to use my largest hoop (for the Janome 500E), make a larger pouch and do the design from scratch. My programing still needs some work! I didn’t like how the decorative stitching turned out, so I resorted to sticking the hoop under my sewing machine and doing the decorative stitches there. I used a variegated Aurifil poly #5844. The colours went really well with the fabric, but don’t show up that well and in many parts blend in with it. Like I said, I’m learning.
The fabric used in these pouches were all from Island Batik.
Thank you to Island Batik, Aurifil thread and Schmetz Needles for the supplies!
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Midweek Makers @ QuiltFabrication
- Wednesday Wait Loss @ Inquiring Quilter
- Happy Needle and Thread @ My Quilt Infatuation
- Muv / Free Motion Mavericks @ Lizzie Lenard Vintage Sewing
- Andrée / Free Motion Mavericks @ Quilting & Learning – What a combo!
- Put your Foot Down @ For the Love of Geese
- Can I get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
- Finished or Not Friday @ Alycia Quilts
- Sherry @ Powered by Quilting
- Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty
- Off the Wall Friday @ Creations – Quilts, Art, Whatever
- Peacock Party @ Wendy’s Quilts and More
- TGIFF @ Jen’s Faith and Fabric