Every Sunday or Monday, I give a recap of what’s on my Design Wall, a Stash Report, Stitchin’ Time, a “To Do” list and my PHD … SEW … here’s what’s happening in the studio and a summary of 2020.
First off, one person asked me how I was doing with Bonnie Hunter’s Mystery Quilt. The answer is simple. I’m not doing it this year. I felt that I had too much on my plate. I think this is the first time in 17 years that I’ve not done the mystery. In some ways I feel guilty for not doing it, but I also feel a great relief that I don’t have to sew like crazy to try to keep up! And, it’s also one quilt that isn’t on my 2021 UFO list!
I’m adding borders to the scrappy Holiday Seclusion Mystery. Borders are also being added to the guild mystery quilt. Sorry, no pictures. It’s a surprise for the guild mystery quilters.
I’m also working on the SAHRR but can’t show you any pictures. Want to know more about the SAHRR check it out HERE.
AND … I plan to start on my Hearts on Fire quilt and the RSC21 Rainbow Scrap Challenge table runner.
I finished the quilting on the 2 colour Holiday Seclusion mystery and need to add the binding.
In 2020, I used a total of 232 net yards of fabric. 66.5 yards were added during the year (17 yards were fabric my husband purchased).
For 2021, I’m happy to report that I have not bought a single piece of fabric. No fabric has been given to me … But, I also have not finished a single project, so no fabric has been used so far. I link to Donna at Quilt Paint Create.
- Fabric Used this week 0 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 0 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 0 yards (my husbands amounts as well)
- Net Fabric used 0 yards
- Husband’s purchases: 0 yards (which are added into my total amount of Fabric added this year). For those of you who don’t know … my husband often buys more fabric than I do … so, I’m keeping track! Unfortunately, he doesn’t sew!
I’m aiming for at least 30 minutes a day.
In 2020, I managed to quilt for 96% of the days (351/365) … that was easy to achieve when I only left the house for 10 days (and managed to sew a little then as well). Will 2020 be as good? Time will tell!
So far for this year 100%.
- January – 3 / 3
- Percentage = 100 %
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
I’m linking up to Roseanne & Sue’s “TO DO” Tuesday. Their blog is “Home Sewn by Us.”
A few week’s ago:
- Get Holiday Seclusion Mystery #2 to flimsy stage √ done
- Get Stay at Home Round Robin to flimsy stage NOT done
- Work on guild Mystery Quilt √ done
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ done
This week’s list:
- Get Stay at Home Round Robin to flimsy stage
- Work on Hearts on Fire Quilt
- Work on Rainbow Scrap Challenge Table runner … at least pull the fabrics
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
Nothing started YET … nothing finished! So far, it’s a blank slate.
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- 15 minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- To-Do Tuesday @ Home Sewn By Us
- Colour Inspiration Tuesday @ Clever Chameleon Quilting