A blogging friend of mine, Sandra, from MMM Quilts is having a quilt-a-long. For a couple of weeks, I’ve been telling myself, “NO … don’t start this quilt.”
Sandra hosts a quilt-a-long every year. And every year, I regret that I didn’t do it! And for awhile, I was pretending that I didn’t want to do it. But who was I kidding?
SEW … this year is different and I’m going to do it!!! Follow Your Own Path! Yup, I’m going to follow my own path and sew along with Sandra!
There are 2 sizes … but I thought the small one would be perfect for a baby quilt! The cutting directions are out. I have pulled my fabric, but haven’t started cutting! The fabrics are all Island Batik. The background is “Moonstone,” an Island Batik basic. The top left and bottom right are from “Primo” by Ebony Love. The top right is a basic called “Lavender” and the bottom left is a nameless fabric, likely a basic. I’m using the solid grey as the shadows of the arrows.
Are you going to join me in this Quilt-A-Long?
#1 Blue Table Runner It is started … this is for the monthly Rainbow Scrap Challenge. As you can tell, the first couple of rows are sewn together … the rest is webbed.
One of our guild members posted a link to a website on “Learn to make Half Rectangles with this Easy Technique.” Well, since I didn’t want to be distracted by a squirrel project, and the technique was for a table runner – to me it was an easy decision to try the technique. You can visit QUILTsocial for all of the steps.
I tried to follow the directions, honestly, I did. But I messed up with the marking of 8 of the rectangles, so basically the table runner is backwards. And, I only used 4 fabrics instead of 6 … so I had to play a bit – but it was fun! I always enjoy playing!
And yes, The fabrics are all Island Batik, with Coconut as the background!
#2 June Island Batik Challenge: is in progress and being used as my leaders and enders. (Sorry no pictures).
#3 Follow your own path: As stated above … I have the cutting to do.
#1 House Wall hanging. This UFO is now pieced and sandwiched. It needs to be quilted.
#2 Speed Dating still needs a facing. “Story-less Improv.”
May Island Batik challenge is quilted and I will give you a sneak peak of it … That’s the only peak you’ll get until my day on the Blog Hop.
May’s Island Batik challenge is completed and I used 4 yards of fabric from my stash for the backing.
- Fabric Used this week 4 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 39 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 9 yards (my husbands amounts as well)
- Net Fabric used 30 yards
- Husband’s purchases: 0 yards (which are added into my total amount of Fabric added this year). For those of you who don’t know … my husband often buys more fabric than I do … so, I’m keeping track! Unfortunately, he doesn’t sew!
I’m aiming for at least 30 minutes a day.
I have stitched for over 30 minutes each day
- January – March – 80 / 80
- April – 18 / 18
- Percentage = 100 %
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
Chris from ChrisKnits is hosting it “To Do” every week. You can check out her blog HERE.
Again, I did not focus on my “To Do” list … but a couple of things got done.
- House Wall Hanging: finish putting together √ done
- Healthcare Hero’s Mystery: Make backing not done
- Speed Dating: Add facing not done
- May Island Batik: sandwich and start quilting √ done and bound!
- A & A’s quilt: Make extra blocks if decision has been made! not done
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! not done
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ done
This week’s list:
- Focus on the TO DO list
- Cut out Follow Your Own Path
- Quilt and finish House Wall Hanging
- Healthcare Hero’s Mystery: Make backing
- Speed Dating: Add facing
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
Later this week:
I’m participating in the “In the Kitchen blog hop” … My project is done. Photo is taken and I just need to write the blog post. My day is April 22 … Thursday!
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Tish @ Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland
- So Scrappy @ Scrap Happy
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- 15 minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- To-Do Tuesday @ Chris Knits
- Colour Inspiration Tuesday @ Clever Chameleon Quilting